New to MFP, 75 pounds to lose, Need friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey . Feel free to add me. Im in the sam re position. I would like to lose 75 pounds. Good luck on your journey. Mfp Is great
  • claudiab06
    claudiab06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, new here also. is it okay to add everyone. I can use the motivation and feel free to add me also.. Thanks and good luck everyone.
  • christimccarty
    Options
    add me! I do more motivational and fitness stuff on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/christi.frazier.98
    - Christi
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    That's me! All of ya'll can feel free to add me :D
  • lindabenoit1964
    lindabenoit1964 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to MFP on a mission to lose 55 pounds and determined to do it the healthy way. :smile:
  • Dockbob
    Dockbob Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make a plan and set small goals.

It works if you apply yourself and no 'cheating' ~ if it goes in your mouth record it <period>

This only helps you in the long run - eat stuff and make trade offs

I wish you success!

doc
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a newbie too (about 6 weeks or so), would love to support each other :)
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I have been here on and off for 3 years down 200lbs still have 100+ lbs to lose :) If you would like to add me we can encourage each other :)
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me this stands to every one
  • danyulesan
    Options
    anyone is free to add me!
  • danyulesan
    Options
    anyone is free to add me!
  • tx_mom72
    tx_mom72 Posts: 96
    Options
    Feel free to send me a request. I've been on awhile but didn't get consistent until mid-July 2013. My ticker doesn't show much more to go but I haven't set my ultimate goal yet but it's probably going to be about another 50-55 lbs to go. Here's something to think about. Mid-July last year someone made the comment about the year flying by. It had me thinking about how we're always complaining about the year flying by so fast. That day I decided I'd give myself a year. What could it hurt? It would be over quick right? I NEVER thought I'd lose even half of what I've lost! Stick to it. One meal at a time, then one day at a time. If you slip at one meal, don't give up & chunk the whole day saying I'll restart tomorrow. Every little step you take will get you to where you want to be. And don't make anything off limits or you'll set yourself up for failure. Good luck!! :flowerforyou: Theresa from TX
  • aarnoldmcf
    aarnoldmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    As you can see from all of those who have replied, there is evidence that this process works. What you eat and light exercise are important in weight loss and mainteance. What is most important is what you put in your mouth and knowing how to accurately document it. Read your labels and be true to yourself about what you eat. If I eat a salad, I document every item on the salad. Be especially careful to not overload it with salad dressing. Measure it out in a Tablespoon and know how many calories it adds. If you can learn how to accurately document what you eat in your journal, and you use the My Fitness Pal tool to see how you compare to your nutritional goal (%Carbs, %Proteins, %Fats), Trust Me, you WILL lose weight. I have been up and down some over the years and recently recommitted. I lost 20 lbs a few years ago, after gaining some back from a lost of 45. This was done soley with Fitness Pal. I never saw the gym. I recommitted a week ago and I am now down 4 lbs, I have not seen the gym. I don't encourage this route, because there are definitely benefits of exercise, but this demonstrates that the foundation of weight loss is what you EAT and "Calibrating" your eye and mindset. I am a living witness tthat this works. If you have concerns about falling off the wagon because you cook for a family, or you are around people who will not be supportive or understanding of your mind set, tell them to not be upset if you don't want to eat with them. You may need to change your surroundings if you feel you will be tempted. If you need help with proportions, I just saw a new system on TV called 21dayfix.com that has containers to help you measure out food. This is a great concept. You could do the same with a small food scale and a measuring cup until you eye is calibrated. So get excited about the new you! Wheneve you feel like "cheating" go and look at at the witnesses who have replied and the pounds they have lost. If we can do it, so can you!

If you want to discuss this further, send me an email to myfitnesspal INBOX or check out my GROUP called FIT FOR PURPOSE.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. I am trying to loose a ton... okay, not literally, but dang it feels like it sometimes. :D
  • shayl995
    shayl995 Posts: 15
    Options
    I think I added you! We can go on this journey together! :D
  • aarnoldmcf
    aarnoldmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are awesome. How much time did you spend on exercising? What type did you do? I have a friend that you may be able to encourage.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    me! add me, I'm here daily and really try to be motivating and interactive!