Does anyone reccomend Zumba?

Options
I am thing about purchasing the zumba dvd set. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Making sure it is worth the money.

Replies

• JessGettingFit
    Options
    I don't have the DVD set but I go to a class every few weeks. It's really fun & gets you sweating!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Zumba myself but I hear nothing but GOOD things about it.
  • balletslippers
    Options
    I don't personally like it, but I know a lot of people who do. It's high energy with fun music and you don't have to have good technique or skill. It might be better to take a class though. It can be difficult to get the same energy (and thus exercise) from it unless you have others around you pumping you up. Good luck!
  • manda52
    manda52 Posts: 24
    Options
    I love it! If you want a workout that doesn't really feel like a workout then zumba is for you!! It's fun, energetic, and it works! Hope this helps!!
  • nurseheather13
    Options
    if you hate to exercise but love to dance....you will love it! if you love to exercise and hate to dance....you'll love it! bottom line... it's fun! i recommend it!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,272 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a class on Monday. Friends who have done it say it is challenging, fun and a great cardio workout. If you can find a class you might enjoy it more.:smile:
  • kariabug
    Options
    I have my own DVD here at home and I LOVE IT!! Its worth the money and gets ya sweating within 5 mins! If you like dancing and music, then def get the DVD..its much more fun than reg boring exercises..just move and move. There are some moves I just cant do but I just make up my own LOL :wink:
  • tnmomof4
    Options
    Thank you, I love to dance! I think i am going to go ahead and order it.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on getting the DVD set as well. I love to dance! A friend of mine has it and she tells me how much she loves it.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    I get together with some friends twice a week and we do the dvds. It's a blast. Don't "sweat" the movements, some of them are definitely not made for white girls, LOL, as long as your moving with the beat you're gonna be sweating and the more you do it the more you'll get it. Hope that makes sense.
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • saholderness
    saholderness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! I lost my first 15lbs just getting up and going to zumba class... I bought the video set and its cool too but not as much fun as the real class i did discover go to ZUMBA.com and buy your video set there its a lil cheaper then the info-mercials, but one thing you might consider get the video game for the wii or playstation 3 or x-box 360 kinect because i got it for the wii and it is much more interactive better music then the videos....but good choice in exercise it will get you movin i don't know too many people that don't enjoy it but it is all about the instructer too