10lbs in my first 10 days!

Options
I'm a shorty, about 5'1 so weight shows on me more than taller people (as you short people would know). I weighed my heaviest ever 1-3-11 when I realized this has to change! I've been counting my calories and eating extremely healthy as well as working out 4-6 days a week. Sometimes just walking, other times biking or running.

Starting Weight: 159.6 lbs
Current Weight: 149.4 lbs
Goal Weight: 125 lbs

I know I'm on the right track, I just need to keep it up! My dream since high school is to have a little 6 pack :) 2011 looks like the year to do it! :)

Replies

• Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    10lbs in the first ten days?! :O
    Woah that's awfully fast there. Please be careful.

I understand about the shortness! Fat shows on me a lot >< especially around my hips!
  • AmBriCo
    AmBriCo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Helent26
    Helent26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I wish I could loose it so quick :wink: it's probably with all the working out too. Keep up the good work :happy:
  • ameenaelahi
    Options
    thanks awesome!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Eat right. plenty of water and exercise and you will get there!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 10 days! That is what u call rapid weight loss. Be careful because the recommended weight loss is 1-2lbs per week. Remember progress not prefection is the goal (well my goal anyway, lol).
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    WOW! AWESOME WORK! Now stay positive if your next few weeks or from here on out aren't as big of a loss. As long as you're loosing thats all that matters =)
    I'm a shorty, about 5'1 so weight shows on me more than taller people (as you short people would know). I weighed my heaviest ever 1-3-11 when I realized this has to change! I've been counting my calories and eating extremely healthy as well as working out 4-6 days a week. Sometimes just walking, other times biking or running.

I know I'm on the right track, I just need to keep it up! My dream since high school is to have a little 6 pack :) 2011 looks like the year to do it! :)
  • natsplat_20
    natsplat_20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that the quicker it comes off the quicker it goes back on!
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    That's amazing... Congrats! It is alot to lose in such a short space of time.

Good luck on your journey! I'm a shorty too, consider myself short at 5ft 4, I'm nothing without my heels :o)
  • tyzeitler
    Options
    GREAT work!!! keep it up but dont feel disappointed if the weight loss starts to slow down a little within the next weeks, some people do lose a lot of weight within the first 3-2 weeks but then it slows down, it is normal. and also dont freak out if at some point you hit a plateau... it is also normal. awesome job!!!
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    this is true too!
    Don't forget that the quicker it comes off the quicker it goes back on!
  • LTParis
    LTParis Posts: 13
    Options
    It's not unheard of to loose, 5-10 pounds in the first week. A lot of time this can be attributed to "water weight" and also a drastic change in diet.

But just make sure you are eating sufficient calories, eating and overall balanced food plan, and not over exerting yourself. And bear in mind you will hit many plateaus on your way to success. Don't let this bum you out, sometimes a slight tweak will get you over the hump.

Congrats!
  • sklenke
    Options
    I realize everyone on here has their own situations, and I want to make mention that I am eating heathly, lean and low carb meals...alot similar to south beach but specifically modified for my excercise and bdy type. I have been inactive for quite a few months due to an injury. Coming out of semi-pro athletics and going into a "non-active" recovery mode and not changing my eating habits enough was the reason I gained weight. So with my increase in activity and workings out along with my change in eating habits and my diet is why I had such a large initial weight lose. Which studies show doesn't mean it will come back faster, weight gain depends on your own actions. If you lose weight and eat unhealthy ya i will come back fast.
  • purplespeckle
    Options

i know how you feel i'm 5'3 my highest on 01/01/2011 was 182 i'm now at 178.4 that was a few days ago though since it's TOM right now but my routine is counting calories, no candy, no pop, and treadmill 30-45 minutes 6 days/wk
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    Amazing! I am jealous . . . I must admit. I lost 4 the first week and the second week hardly anything . . .
  • quanta
    quanta Posts: 28
    Options
    The 6-pack will show when your body fat percentage is very low. Depending on your physique as a woman, it may or may not be a healthy state for you.

125 lbs is a very good goal! Best of luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!