Living in Wisconsin-Festival Season

Options
LynseyAnna
LynseyAnna Posts: 7 Member
Is anyone else going through the struggle of Wisconsin's festival season?! I've been doing so well watching what I eat and working out and then of course things like Summerfest happen-which makes me want to drink a ton of delicious Lake Front Beer! What are your tips to still have fun and go to such events without stuffing your face with Saz's cheese curds?! It's hard to find healthier options at these places!

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I don't got to many festivals. Fried cheese curds are magically delicious but they need to be a rare treat for me. Lakefront is a great choice though, especially the "My Turn" series.

Now, when the Great Taste of the Midwest rolls around in a few weeks, all bets are off.
  • akbp77
    akbp77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm dreading how many times I'll have to say "NO" this summer. I've cut down a lot on my drinking, but it's not going to be easy to avoid beer tents. I've survived so far by having water and sports drinks with me wherever I go. My hands are too full to carry all the treats and booze. Lol
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    I just say no. Plain and simple. :laugh:

Now if I do have an urge for it, I will weigh my options. I ask myself is what I'm about to eat WORTH having to ride an EXTRA 30-120 minutes for that one item? Usually not...BUT if I have the extra calories available to consume...dig in. :bigsmile:
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Being from Indiana, I have the same problem OP! I have trouble avoiding the beer tent now that I'm of legal age haha but I limit myself to only one, and I make sure I eat before I leave for the festivals/fairs. If the unavoidable hunger hits while I'm there, I just make sure it's the small corn dog, not the super dog or the small curly fries and I split it with a couple other people.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Same issues in Ohio!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My solution was to go on a bulk.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Wine festival, state fair, Down by the Riverside, Renaissance Faire, work trip to NYC and vacation all coming up in the next 2 months. What I try to do is, select an item i want to splurge on, then surround that with healthier foods the rest of the day. I also skip any chain restaurants or regular items i can get anytime, in favor of something unique and flavorful.

Besides that, I drink plenty of calorie free fluids and make sure I keep moving, which is usually not an issue with all the walking often involved in these kinds of events. Most of all, enjoy yourself!
  • cookfit10
    cookfit10 Posts: 35
    Options
    I also live in wisconsin go summerfest right. One of the things I usually do is keep a shakeology shake with me. It works wonders a curbing my hunger and thirst. if you need info on it let me know