Really big and really tired of it!

Options
Hi! I'm Adam, 38 and married with a 3 year old boy... I started MFP about 2 weeks ago and am down 10lbs. I work out 5 times a week, all cardio right now. I am so motivated. Started at 440lbs and my goal is 250. I work out at planet fitness, I have an excellent support system at work and at home. So.... Here we go! As someone near and dear to me said it, just "Shed the Shell!"

Replies

• gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on an excellent start! You can do this! :smile:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck!
  • baminian
    baminian Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I was my heaviest at 380lbs, now I'm a fairly strong 187lbs. You got this!
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    "Shed the Shell" -- I like that one!
    You'll find lots of inspiration here. You are doing great -- keep it up!
  • PostBabyAndAll
    PostBabyAndAll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great start! you can do it and you are already showing you are doing it by -10 lbs! I started yesterday so hope I can be successful like you.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Shred the shell! Love it. Feel free to add me. My kids were my reason for changing. I get it.
  • challian
    challian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a great start - I'm losing 1 lb a week - doesn't seem much compared to you!
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    keep up the great work! :-)
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Adam, 38 and married with a 3 year old boy... I started MFP about 2 weeks ago and am down 10lbs. I work out 5 times a week, all cardio right now. I am so motivated. Started at 440lbs and my goal is 250. I work out at planet fitness, I have an excellent support system at work and at home. So.... Here we go! As someone near and dear to me said it, just "Shed the Shell!"

No pills? No quick fix diet scheme? No raspberry juice and stomach wraps? Just a goal and some sensible planning?

Welcome!
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome Adam - a great start !!!

Remember - working out is for fitness / strength and wellbeing.

Weight Loss is mostly about calorie deficit.

You CAN lose weight without exercise but the 2 together (eating within limits and exercise) are a great combo.

The moral of this? There will be days you don't feel like working out. Don't worry about those days .... just continue to eat within your limits and you'll be good without having to beat yourself up over apparently "falling off the wagon".

Good luck !
  • TinaZg2002
    TinaZg2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)

I'd recommend incorporating some weight training as muscles increase your metabolic rate.
    Keep the positive attitude and know that you CAN do it!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    HI, Adam!! Good luck on this new path you have chosen.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. You'll do amazing !!