Wii - Just Dance and Just Dance 2

riley711
riley711 Posts: 298 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi!! I was wondering if anyone has used either the Just Dance or Just Dance 2 for the Wii. Do you like it? Does it really help you burn calories? And is it one of the cardio exercises in the MFP database? I want to get moving, and it would help if it was something fun!!

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Oh yes and i love it. My friend wore her heart monitor and burned about 300 cals in 30 min but only doing the fast songs and not stopping =)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    I have heard nothing but AWESOME reviews regarding the Just Dance and JD2. I heard that it burns LOTS of calories. I can't wait to get it for my Wii!!!
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    I have Just Dance 2 and use it at home after I have done 30 day shred. It's a pretty game to get more mobility and flexibility, but not a huge burn for me. I use a Heart Rate Monitor, so when I log it in the database I choose dancing, aerobic and use the calories on my HRM. It anything, its fun and helpful for me to get loose. PS....I don't have the rhythm I thought I did! :laugh:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Hi. I have Just Dance 2 but I haven't used it yet. A young lady just posted her calories lost on it yesterday. If you use the search you might can pull it up. I believe it was like 400+ calories lost 1 day and then 500+ lost another day.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    OMG love it! Have Just Dance 2 and have had so much fun playing with the kids. I did wear my HRM and burned 564 calories in 2 hours playing every other song. It was so much fun...
  • tridling
    tridling Posts: 12 Member
    I love Just Dance 2 and I just put it in as "Dance, General".
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Thanks for the info!!! My retail therapy session for this weekend will definitely include Just Dance/2 for my Wii:happy:
  • jtgill
    jtgill Posts: 48
    I have heard nothing but AWESOME reviews regarding the Just Dance and JD2. I heard that it burns LOTS of calories. I can't wait to get it for my Wii!!!

Just got the Just Dance today (Just Dance 2 was out of stock :( ) Annabelle and I LOVE it! :)
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    I absolutely love Just Dance 2! My girls got it for Christmas and we have been dancing to it every night since. I don't know what my weight was when I started, but from last Monday to this Monday I lost 2 lbs. I think I would have lost more if I had logged my food, but I didn't start doing my diary until Thursday. My girls and I have had so much fun playing it, even some of my teenage daughter's friends have started playing it with us. I did a 50 minute workout with the Just Sweat program yesterday (I had to create two profiles to do it or it will use up my weeks allotment, which I did last week) and burned almost 600 calories, I logged it as dancing. I also went into their online store and got the free Katy Perry Fireworks song and downloaded Barbie Girl and Kung Fu Fighting. OMG love it!!! I can't wait until they have more songs.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    So I just did Just Dance 2 and I love it. I was battling my son...37 mins 394 calories lost per my heart rate monitor. I broke out a killer sweat. I will try the Just Sweat part tomorrow.
  • I love it! I think that is going to be a large portion of my exercise, just because I dont feel like I am exercising with it. It is so much fun!
  • I have to agree with everyone else. I have JD2 and I love love love it. I work up a great sweat and don't "feel" like I'm working out. I'm a horrible dancer but I love it!
This discussion has been closed.