Taco Recipes

Options
NinjaJinja
NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
Hey all! I've been working on a rotated weekly meal plan for dinner. Basically it's a list of meals that I can cook for dinner that can be easily portioned controlled, counted, come in under calories, and are hearty enough I feel full. My situation is that of a single person. I only cook one meal for dinner a week and they typically last me 3-4 days. So far on the list I have two chiles and a meatloaf, but, and here is where the question finally comes in, I would also like to add tacos. Now, I can make tacos normally but the way it's done is not conducive to portion control or accurate calorie counting.

SO, to that end, I'd like some alternative tacos recipes. I'm thinking something along the lines of a taco casserole or crock pot thing. Thanks!

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Have you had this one. Many different ways to have.. Shredded in a wrap, taco shells or my husband puts it over brown rice..I make in a crockpot also and prefer it that way for shredding the meat..

Ingredients Edit and Save

Original recipe makes 4 servingsChange Servings
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
    1 cup salsa
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
    Check All Add to Shopping List
    Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
    Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
    Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
    Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.
  • Gimpypal
    Gimpypal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try making chalupas instead of tacos. Buy some white corn tortillas and fry your own tostados in oil. These will be flat and easy to measure refried beans, taco meat, onions, lettuce, tomato, cheese and salsa toppings. Very easy to make (except for a little extra grease splatter at the stove.)
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Your right about the portioning.....either weigh it or I use it as my cheat and approx cal ( I over approx. So im under all time..if my cheat food)....also I se lettuce leaves instead of fat/calorie/carb ridden taco tortillo shells....iceberg leaves like lettuce cups or I really like romaine leaves ...put in middle and fold

Sorry dont have recipe....I go by taste not recipes
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    taco salads are awesome, sometimes I crockpot some chicken breasts with our favorite salsa and taco seasonings and shred it

ground turkey also works well for tacos, I've also made a taco type lasagna usind soft shell tacos and layering in meat and veggies