Why am I not losing Weight?!!!!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Candyy_sma
    Candyy_sma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Op, did you end up losing? If so, what did it? I'm on day 42 and only lost 4lbs. I've been busting my butt at the gym, calories were 1200 (tried going up bc some said I wasn't eating enough) and only water. I'm so confused!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    The OP shows to have lost 13 pounds since her first post back in October. I am curious too, what advice given has helped her succeed.
  • magnolia_ah
    magnolia_ah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    too much sugar? or maybe just water weight ..check your measurement . i dont lose weight but i lose some inch on my waist :)
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    If you are working out a lot, it could be you are gaining muscle and losing fat.
  • Ginahbean81
    Options
    I'm maintaining my weight by eating1500 a day. For me to lose weight I would have to eat 1300 or less a day. I don't get it, when it did my bmr it said 2147 to maintain and 1600 to lose a pound a week. But that's not happening with me, I need help. I'm 5'7 143 pounds. I wanted to maintain 140 when I was 140.... So I typed in Mfp to maintain and it gave me a certain amount of calories so I tried it and gained instead of maintained. Help
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining my weight by eating1500 a day. For me to lose weight I would have to eat 1300 or less a day. I don't get it, when it did my bmr it said 2147 to maintain and 1600 to lose a pound a week. But that's not happening with me, I need help. I'm 5'7 143 pounds. I wanted to maintain 140 when I was 140.... So I typed in Mfp to maintain and it gave me a certain amount of calories so I tried it and gained instead of maintained. Help

You'll probably get more responses if you start your own thread since this one has gotten so long and touched on so many different things by now. But opening your diary would be helpful. So would answering the following: Do you use a food scale? Do you eat back your exercise calories? If so, how do you estimate your burn? How long have you been at this? How much did you gain and over what period of time?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

You are either eating more than you think you are, or you've been at this for a couple of days and haven't given it enough time.
  • kbgiggle
    kbgiggle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ughI just replied to something from 2013
  • Ginahbean81
    Options
    Yes I weigh everything...and measure. I don't eat back all my exercise calories.....but I'm hungry after I work out so I do eat about half my calories back.
  • Ginahbean81
    Options
    And also lose it gives me 1777 to lose half a pound a week and mfp gives me 1650 to lose half a pound a week......why so different?
  • Ginahbean81
    Options
    I just googled why am I not losing weight on mfp and this thread came up...that's why I'm posting about something from 2013
  • justemailemma
    Options
    I just had this conversation with my trainer after not losing anything for the past three weeks. I am on a 1,200 calorie, 30g net carbs, <30 g of sugar, 100 g fat per day diet. I weight train for 30 min x 2 per week and interval train 3-4 x per week for 45 minutes. I have to mention that I am training for an NPC bikini competition.

He asked me to STOP obsessing over my weight (hello, I only have 3 weeks left till the show), STOP stressing, sleep more (I have an baby, so yeah right), and carb/calorie load at least one a week (2,000 calories, 150 g carbs). He said that I could try a Cortisol Supplement like NOW Cortisol Support but that it is only a bandaid. Essentially, my body is in starvation mode and will not let me lose any weight. It is FRUSTRATING, demoralizing, and makes me want to give up. BUT, I won't let myself. I have come too far and this is a goal of mine that I want to reach before 30!
  • maiden7705
    Options
    before i start I am a big endomorphic man not blessed like most lean guys with a perfect poster and frame. i stand 6'3", 235 lbs trying to go for 200 lbs = 35 lbs loss.
    So last time I lost 30 lbs was 5 yrs ago when i was 25.. due to corporate life style after i got a job out of college and bad eating habbit that comes with it, I gained 40 back!!
    I am trying to follow every rule in the book like i did 5 yrs ago too.. only this time i seem to go nowhere.. i just fluctuate between a petty 235, 233, 232 before it starts putting smile on my face, its 235 again :(
    I followed everything they (trainers) asked me to: more water, more sleep, reverse dieting that is one day of high carb... but i will let you in on a secret no one told me but i discovered in the process of experimentation nightmare:

So let say you run or eliptical your *kitten* off for 40 min and burn 700 calories.. DIVIDE IT BETWEEN TWO CARDIO SESSIONS
    like i would do an hour of wieghts and then 700 cal of cardio and still would go nowhere... i split that cardio into morning and evening sessions: so before office 350 in 20 min.. and after weight training 20 min..
    its weird how lossing even 900 at one go didnt help me but constant high intensity short burst of 20 min / 300-350 Calorie twice a day does the trick.. may be i am too endomorphic.. may be my post workout fat burn zone doesnt stick for 24 hrs like its suppose to.. whatever the reasons be.. the twice cardio a day is hepling me with constant 2 lb a week loss.

and btw cardio should not be treadmill or eliptical all the time.. i change.. do not let my body adapt, its stairs/tred combination one day, tred/elliptical the other, different kinds of squats / treadmill the third, high intensity body weight exercises with cycle on forth, you get it right

but all those super unlucky super endomorphs like me...try the "split cardio twice a day" and let me know.
  • Fatty2Sexy14
    Options
    I noticed with my body that having a low calorie intake is not necessary going to make me lose weight. You have to consider the amount of carb you take in from my research and experience. I just started this low-carb diet and I am now losing weight....verses working out for 2 hours a day and eating about 1200 calories seeing no results. I did lose some inches though.