quick grab and go breakfast

Options
Hello!

I need some suggestions as to a healthy protein filled breakfast that I can grab and eat as I leave in the mornings. I don't have much/any time for preparing things which is why I rely on belvita biscuits. I can make a batch of something the night before that I can then eat as I go if you have suggestions around that?

Suggestions please! I would like it tasty, protein packed, able to be eaten cold and while sitting on a packed train, and quick!

Thanks!

Replies

• alansturge1981
    alansturge1981 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I dont know how good this would be to you on a train but I often boil some eggs the night before and just grab one or 2 on my way out the door. Good source of protein but maybe someone else has a better idea
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats with yogurt, chia seeds, and nuts. You can add honey or something if you like it sweet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/03/14/overnight-oatmeal-recipes-_n_4965206.html
  • Gimpypal
    Gimpypal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Try a turkey breast and mozzarella (one oz each) roll-up in low carb flour tortilla with Dijon mustard.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Maybe not the best breakfast item but I love how easy turkey jerky is on the go.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Luna bar (lemon zest is my favorite), some fruit, and some Greek yogurt. The Greek yogurt may be hard to eat on-the-go, but the other things may work for you. Hope that helps!
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Protein shake blended with some oatmeal...or protein shake and a banana.

I've been microwaving oatmeal and eggs for a while...not very tasty though.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, peanut butter & toast, microwave oatmeal, bananas, yogurt.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    how about making your own smoothie the night before, put it into a thermos like travel mug then stick it in the fridge until you're about to leave in the morning

i do a very simple recipe for a base then just add what ever else

100ml of skimmed milk
    50g of thick Natural Yogurt (Onken fat free vanilla normally)
    1 banana

after that you can just go wild, a lot of people even add protein powder
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    As a non traditional breakfast eater, I rely on low carb wraps with turkey and cheese or ham and cheese. Sometimes I just grab string cheese and turkey pepperoni and eat those on the run.
  • karentalty
    karentalty Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Some amazing ideas so far! Keep them coming (although you're just making me hungry now...)
  • lalee93
    lalee93 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You could eat a piece of fruit and a protein shake. I have recently found the Special K protein shakes, which I really enjoy (thick, creamy, and tasty) and I have been enjoying them with fresh summer produce. It's been keeping me full all morning!
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I now have a shake in the morning, but I used to permake peanut better sandwiches... They were great and filled me for the morning.
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Scoop of whey is cold water takes about 12 seconds mmmm lumpy.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like to put greek yogurt in a mason jar with whatever else (frozen fruit, oats, nuts, granola) and keep it in the fridge overnight. You can grab it on the way out in the morning and eat it at work, and by the time you get to it the frozen fruit isn't frozen anymore. By that point, the frozen fruit has seeped a bit into the yogurt, so it's like those yogurt cups with fruit on the bottom.