What is the best, affordable HR monitor?

Options
Input from everyone is welcome, even if the information differs. Please feel free to share why you think it is the best! I am looking to buy one soon to aid with figuring out the calories I burn doing Insanity. Right now I am just estimating and I think my estimations are too low. Thanks in advance!

Preferably $50 or less and calculates calories burned correctly and reliably. Nothing fancy.

Replies

• xxjessikatxx
    Options
    bump id like to know also because i do not want to spend $100 on one.
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    bump
    :heart:
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I got mine about a week and a half ago. It's a Polar womens...I LOVE it, but it was about $95. Super easy to figure out.
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just bought the polar ft4- my first one so really have nothing to compare it too but I am liking it. I paid around 85.00 for it.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    yeah, i don't have the money to pay so much for a heart rate monitor
  • xeniasimms
    Options
    Yeah I just graduated from graduate school and I am looking for employment (so currently I'm unemployed). I honestly would like one that calculates calories burned accurately for $50 or less. It doesn't need to do anything more than that. LOL
  • skygoddess86
    Options
    They have some on wal-marts web site, I mean they probably work even if they are cheaper. And you could always return it if it sucks.
  • skygoddess86
    Options
    Yeah I just graduated from graduate school and I am looking for employment (so currently I'm unemployed). I honestly would like one that calculates calories burned accurately for $50 or less. It doesn't need to do anything more than that. LOL
    Congratulations that is a big accomplishment!
  • jrwillden
    Options
    2 days ago I bought a Mio Motion for $69. I like it overall but am struggling with the calorie counter. It said I burned 111 calories on a 32 minute walk (3.5mph, with incline). So really, not sure how accurate that part is. BUT it was my first time using it and I've been sick ever since...to sick to exercise. I hope something was off. Good luck. I like the Mio over a New Balance monitor I bought last week.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i purchased a New Balance for women HRM last weekend at Target. It was on sale for $53 and so far so good!