Ready to give up

Options
I need to loose 10 pounds and inches. I started out ok with my diet with some exercise. I work where there is constant junk food and sweets and I can't seem to find time for exercise. it seems hopeless.

Replies

• deanna1981
    Options
    That is tough! I know what you mean. Work is always the worst!

Why not keep some healthy snacks aside for yourself and when everyone else is eating their junk you can have your healthy treats! Others may see it and start to do the same and hopefully all that junk will go away!

Don't give up I know you can do it!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    DONT. Make small changes and gradually move up to what you want
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    OK It is never hopeless don't give up on yourself. Stand your ground and remember you CAN DO THIS!
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's so hard for me too, when well-meaning workmates bring treats in. I just have to be sure to keep a good supply of healthy snacks for myself so I don't feel too deprived when I see other people munching. And sometimes I do let myself have a little treat--as long as I can stay within my calorie limit for the day.

Don't give up! You can do it. :smile:
  • Shannonk507
    Shannonk507 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You wrote a post about it -- so you must not want to give up yet. You can do it! Remember that you always have a choice. Keep on keepin' on.
  • misskate1971
    misskate1971 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You have PLENTY of encouragement and support here from all of us! You can and WILL do it!

Friend me if you want someone to be in your corner!

Kate
  • kim0913
    kim0913 Posts: 51
    Options
    Can't find time to exercise was always my excuse.....BUT....I am sorry that is all it is is an excuse!! I have two boys that are very active in sports , I work full-time and commute 40 minutes to work one way everyday. I know its hard but you have to find the time to fit it in your schedule. I gave up that "excuse" and I now manage to fit in at least 45 to 60 minutes of exercise 6 days a week.....no matter what!! You can do it!!! Good luck!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Can't find time to exercise was always my excuse.....BUT....I am sorry that is all it is is an excuse!! I have two boys that are very active in sports , I work full-time and commute 40 minutes to work one way everyday. I know its hard but you have to find the time to fit it in your schedule. I gave up that "excuse" and I now manage to fit in at least 45 to 60 minutes of exercise 6 days a week.....no matter what!! You can do it!!! Good luck!
    I agree with you. I gave up on excuses some time ago It's the best thing ever. And I actually find working beneficial. If I was home all day, i'd do nothing but snack. Work gives me structure and keeps me on track. And if I have a treat at work, I just cut back on my afternoon snack.
  • cyndigirl
    Options
    My salvation this first two weeks has been preparation. I love MFP for that, it's so easy to see how much some things "cost" you against your calorie count and it becomes important enough to actually throw some carrots in a bag so I have something crunchy while others are munching chips, or to make a bowl of oatmeal to fill me up in the morning when I know they'll have donuts at the office (like tomorrow). Don't get caught off your guard or that's when you mess up. It happened to me my first week at dinner at a friend's house and I ended up 800 calories over. Eeeek. Good luck, don't give up!
  • Loosealot
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. I wish I had more will power. I have to figure out how I'm going to make this work.