21 Digest Diet- anyone done it?

Options
Starting the 21 day Digest Diet. My best friend is doing it and as I see it, it isn't really a "diet" more than a 21 day meal plan. I dislike these fad diet thins so I've been researching this so much. I'm looking forward to the detox type thing for the first 4 days. I'm most likely going to start Sunday and follow it until the end of the month then go back to how I've been eating. Anyone tried this? How'd it work for you?

Replies

• kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Bumpity
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Starting the 21 day Digest Diet. My best friend is doing it and as I see it, it isn't really a "diet" more than a 21 day meal plan. I dislike these fad diet thins so I've been researching this so much. I'm looking forward to the detox type thing for the first 4 days I'm most likely going to start Sunday and follow it until the end of the month then go back to how I've been eating. Anyone tried this? How'd it work for you?

does not compute.

You don't like fads but you're doing something that involves a "detox?" Mmmkay.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Starting the 21 day Digest Diet. My best friend is doing it and as I see it, it isn't really a "diet" more than a 21 day meal plan. I dislike these fad diet thins so I've been researching this so much. I'm looking forward to the detox type thing for the first 4 days I'm most likely going to start Sunday and follow it until the end of the month then go back to how I've been eating. Anyone tried this? How'd it work for you?

does not compute.

You don't like fads but you're doing something that involves a "detox?" Mmmkay.

Dislikes fad diets...does fad diet...
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I'm most likely going to start Sunday and follow it until the end of the month then go back to how I've been eating.
    If you go back to how you've been eating, any results you got from this 21 day carnival of ridiculousness will disappear. Sounds like a waste of 21 days.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    OP, I saw you bumped the thread shortly after posting it. What is it exactly that you are looking for by posting this?
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    OP, I saw you bumped the thread shortly after posting it. What is it exactly that you are looking for by posting this?
    Personal anecdotes, opinions, etc.

@those who were talking about me doing the detox- I quit smoking cold Turkey this past weekend and I'm hoping that will help flush out the rest of the nicotine.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

@those who were talking about me doing the detox- I quit smoking cold Turkey this past weekend and I'm hoping that will help flush out the rest of the nicotine.

Gotcha. Be warned, you will get opinions and they won't necessarily agree with yours.

Edited to say congrats on the quitting smoking!!! But only time and your body's natural process will eliminate any residual nicotine that may be in your system.
  • kassiebby1124
    Options

Gotcha. Be warned, you will get opinions and they won't necessarily agree with yours.

Edited to say congrats on the quitting smoking!!! But only time and your body's natural process will eliminate any residual nicotine that may be in your system.
    Thanks! And I'm totally down for other suggestions. (: I know I want to do this the right way. But eating substituted my smoking so I just wanted to try and curb my appetite/craving early
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Thanks! And I'm totally down for other suggestions. (: I know I want to do this the right way. But eating substituted my smoking so I just wanted to try and curb my appetite/craving early

Congratulations on quitting smoking! Keep up the good work.

That said, I don't think any kind of detox or fad diet is going to help you "cleanse" the nicotine. Just focus on sticking to your macros and getting some exercise.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you've lost 62 pounds!!! You're obviously already doing just fine. Why start a new weird temporary diet?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Starting the 21 day Digest Diet. My best friend is doing it and as I see it, it isn't really a "diet" more than a 21 day meal plan. I dislike these fad diet thins so I've been researching this so much. I'm looking forward to the detox type thing for the first 4 days. I'm most likely going to start Sunday and follow it until the end of the month then go back to how I've been eating. Anyone tried this? How'd it work for you?

So... which is it?

ETA someone pointed this out already. Oops. But still, really? Just keep doing what you've been doing!
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    Haha thanks everyone. I just thought maybe it'd be a good route to starting new, haha. But if anyone has an other suggestions (especially from non-smokers) it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone for your input (:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks everyone. I just thought maybe it'd be a good route to starting new, haha. But if anyone has an other suggestions (especially from non-smokers) it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone for your input (:

My suggestion would be a moderate calorie deficit and exercise.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I used to socially smoke. It is really hard to quit so if you can do that, then you can do anything.

The best advice I can give is to always have snack foods on hand that you can mindlessly eat if need be without busting up your diet. When I'm super stressed, I find myself making air popped popcorn a lot because I can eat so much of it. Also, cut veggies and a greek yogurt dip.

Drinking water when I'm feeling overly snacky helps too.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I used to buy Jolly Ranchers and/or Lifesavers for the folks who worked for me that were trying to quit.
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My husband was a 3 pack a day smoker and quit over 13 years ago. Most of the nicotine is flushed from your body in 2-3 days by your kidneys and liver. Speeding up your metabolism through exercise can help to remove what's left in your system. There's a good app called My Last Cigarette which will show your progress on heart and lung health, circulation, carbon monoxide and nicotine levels and money saved by quitting smoking.
    I read the 21 Day Digest Diet. It is another fad diet by the same woman who wrote the Flat Belly Diet. It will likely work for somebody with just a few pounds to lose quickly but not something I would want to do for long term weight loss.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    2499461-1394410947285.jpg
  • kassiebby1124
    Options
    2499461-1394410947285.jpg
    Morning to you as well. hows it going?

@everyone else- thank you for being so kind and supportive
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

Dislike fad diets.

Starting a fad diet.
  • kassiebby1124
    Options

Dislike fad diets.

Starting a fad diet.
    We've established my reasons why I was going to do it, though I'm sure you read that. We have also established it isn't a good idea so I'm looking for other options.