Eating a deficit and hitting my protein macro

Options
Quick question..... I am eating at a small deficit but hitting my protein macro every day. The weight that I am losing can only be fat correct? Is it possible to lose muscle too if I am hitting my protein macro everyday? I just wanted to ask to see if I can be confident in the weight I am losing being only fat. Thanks.

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you are at a small deficit, getting in your protein, and doing hard resistance training, then muscle loss will be minimized. You may still lose a little bit, but most of your losses will be in the form of body fat.

Allan
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Allan said it.

Resistance exercises basically tell your body that you want the muscle to stay. Without the exercise, your body will shed fat and muscle.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I heavy lift 3 times a week. I am not trying to gain muscle at the moment just trying to keep what I have. After I reach my goal of less body fat then I will adjust my goals to maybe eating a surplus to gain muscle but until then I am happy with what I got but I just want the body fat percentage down. I just noticed the scale was dropping and was hoping it wasn't muscle since I am getting the protein I need.