Any super low cal snack ideas?

Options
Rlavigne93
Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
I spend a lot of time on the computer, and seem to always want to be snacking on something, so I've been eating a crazy amount of broccoli or carrots, stuff I don't have to feel too bad about if I "accidentally" eat a pound of it.

Any ideas for mindless munchies that won't blow through a whole days worth of calories?

Replies

• SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Annie Chun's seaweed snacks - wasabi or sesami - I eat a whole packet at a time, sometimes two
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is pretty low cal too.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Celery dipped in salsa.

Lettuce wraps filled with things like snow peas, tomatoes, cucumber.
    Dip in a little bit of soy sauce.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,937 Member
    Options
    Blueberries!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Pickles
    Pepperoncini
    Raspberries or blackberries
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like to drink flavored seltzer water over lots of ice.
  • hpaschetag
    hpaschetag Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    grape/cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices
  • lisavgagne
    lisavgagne Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I second the air popped popcorn. It's got that good crunch to it that lets you much away.
  • phil4v7
    phil4v7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You already mentioned my go-to snack of carrots. I sometimes snack on pretzels, but you do still have to be careful with eating a whole bag of those.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    sugar free orange jello with a can of crushed pineapple in it :) yum!!!! one serving is around 25 calories!!!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Air Popped Popcorn, Veggies with Hummus(the hummus will also keep you fuller, longer) Grapes, chopped fruit, apple slices and peanut butter, unsweetened applesauce, Celery with Natural peanut butter, Greek Yogurt(add fresh berries for a boost), Half a Banana with natural peanut butter, A square or 2 of Dark Chocolate, Dehydrated fruit chips(I love the Apple and Banana chips). A small bowl of berries(sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. I add a dash of cinnamon as well)

Hope this helps!
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Annie Chun's seaweed snacks - wasabi or sesami - I eat a whole packet at a time, sometimes two

NOOOOO the brown sugar is the best!
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying so please don't take this the wrong way....but you shouldn't be eating "mindlessly" at all. Any good snack can be bad if you eat it mindlessly and don't pay attention to how much you eat.

That being said - popcorn, popcorn, popcorn.
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always want to be eating when I'm messing about on my laptop. I eat frozen grapes. They take longer to eat, they're low cal, and they're good for you :)

I always buy a pack or two of grapes with my weekly shop, and straightaway pick them and put them in a tupperware box in the freezer :)
  • mcwalker1126
    Options
    Lowfat cottage cheese and either pineapple chunks, blueberries or sliced peach topped with a tablespoon of walnuts. It will fill you up for a bit and is delish. Drink more water and you will snack less. Good luck!
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Homemade roasted chickpeas. 1/2 cup is 140 calories and that's a lot of chickpeas. I usually measure out half a cup in the morning and nibble on it all day. Just a few of the chickpeas in a nibble is very satisfying to me.