Help keep me away from brownies! :)

Options
Hi there,

My name's Akeya. I live in Georgia. I'm a teacher. I stepped on the scale about 2 weeks ago and discovered I weighed 247. 3 weeks later I'm down to 240 after using MFP app. It's getting harder to stay.motivated, so looking for some friends here. :)

Replies

• 19_84_jade
    19_84_jade Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee brownies as well !! yummy

feel free to add me :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Unless brownies are a trigger food for you (a food which you find it nearly impossible to stop eating once you start), then save a little calories for a brownie now and then.

If they are a trigger food, then don't have them in your house. Even if you have family that wants them. No one is going to suffer nutritionally because they didn't eat a brownie.

Make deals with yourself. One brownie if you hit 10,000 steps 3 days in a row. One brownie on Saturdays, but no other day. Whatever works for you. This can help you learn to eat brownies without wanting to eat ALL the brownies.
  • bravid98
    bravid98 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Black Bean brownies? My kids love them and if you substitute sugar with stevia or a stevia blend they are much healthier!
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I was a teacher for six years and can honestly say that I'm not at all surprised that you had gained weight. It seems like schools are never-ending opportunities for over-eating and sweets. Not to mention emotional eating can be a problem when stress is so prevalent.

What's your motivation for losing weight? Why do you want to do it? Do you have a goal weight?

If you want to add me as a friend, feel free. :)

Edit: Am I correct in thinking that you're not *just* trying to avoid brownies?