sick and tired of being sick and tired

Options
So i just discovered this website. Its awesome! Hopefully I will make some new friends. I dont have too many. Anyone have any suggestions to keep motivated. Let me know.

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    1 suggestion only:

Log every thing you eat. Don't let yourself skip something because that becomes a habit just like logging every bite! Even logging the bad days helps, because it can help cut them off before a single bad day becomes a bad week!

Best of luck!

Steve
    KnightFit.com
  • gethealthyincali
    Options
    I agree with Steve. It's hard to write it down if you ate something you shouldn't, but if you keep up the record you'll see your triggers. Also don't beat yourself up if you aren't perfect - that's the hardest thing for me and I'm working on it daily. if something isn't perfect - so what - it's better than before!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Steve is on the mark. Log everything. it'll help recognize the weakness so they can be turned into strengths. Get some cool tools like a scale and an apple corer and a new steamer and experiment with stuff you new thought of before. i made turkey breast with slices of squash, sweet potato, broccoli onions and mushrooms all sauteed in balsamic vinegar and EVOO for dinner. 1.5 cups about 320 calories and awesome. drop processed sugars and white flour and you'll see some nice things happen. Move, drink, fuel rinse and repeat.
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    When I started, I decided that for the first week I wouldn't change my habits, just log them and see where I would be starting from. But, when you really get it all down, it doesn't take long to see simple places you can change. I ate some portions because of habit, rather than need.

I have gone over... but I HAVE to be honest on my daily diary. Nobody is looking at it but me. I'm not going to make or lose friends because of what I logged. I can't cheat and win... because my butt knows how many calories I got regardless of what I logged.

It sounds like you have made the decision... There are lots of people here that will lend support. You can do it!