WW Success Story - Unsuccessful with NEW Points Plus Plan

Options
13»

Replies

• Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    First thing first, I just started using the PointPLUS system and have already lost 1lb. Please don't come on the message boards completely downing this program because everything works differently for different people.

They changed the program for a few reasons, one being that they have taken into consideration how things break down in your body! This is great. Here on MFP which I also tried, you don't have to actually watch what you eat. As long as you are eating under 1200 calories you're supposed to lose weight! WRONG, that very well may not happen because you can still eat all CRAP you ate before you decided to diet, just in more moderation.

I know many people that I go to meetings with that LOVE the new program. I met a lifetime just yesterday that never stuck to weight watchers until the new program. Please be kind to everyone and don't dis the program.

Just the same I would like to say that I still like MFP. I'm enjoying keeping track of my calories and find that I am now under some days and over others. It really just depends. But I am eating better foods now due to weight watchers. MFP is a great place for support and for those that are good about eating healthy foods this has really worked.

I hope that no one gets discouraged from my statements or the statements from pedalpusher5 because you really have to find what works best for you!

Good Luck Everyone!

No offense but.....quick question, are you or a person very close to you a distributor? You sound like you might be one.
  • twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have had the same experience on WW. I lost all of my baby weight on the old system and then when they changed to the new Points Plus system I stopped losing. I gained some of the weight back and never lost consistently again. I stopped going to WW and then rejoined more times than I can count over the past few years. I finally gave up and came to MFP and have been very happy with it. I am very happy that WW taught me how to eat and the importance of drinking water every day, but I am sticking with MFP!
  • mariejoe88
    mariejoe88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks SO much for posting this!! I was on WW about 10 yrs ago and lost 40 pounds. I just joined yesterday and was so confused when I saw a banana is now 0 points... when before it was 1-2 points. to me it doesn't make sense that fruits are 0 points when they contain calories and sugar!!!

So I'm still going to go for the meetings as motivation, but I will not follow the new points system and I am sure I will not lose or even gain like most of you did. The old version was much simpler and efficient. thanks for the post ladies!! :)
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    They changed the points system because people were starving on the old points plan. MFP is so much better! First, it is free! Next, I never feel like I am starving using MFP. Finally, every resource is available through the message boards. When I did WW I felt like I was being taught how to eat fake foods. Weird recipes for fake deserts. Artificial sweeteners were pushed on a regular basis. I did love the meetings for motivation but heh, I can get that 24/7 through the message boards on MFP. And figuring out points when I can get the real thing here? Calories and a HUGE bonus...Macros! I feel more informed and in charge with MFP. Why would anyone ever want to spend money when they can get the best tool ever for free. Thanks to whomever started this site. Genius!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!