Yard work??

Stellaqlove
Stellaqlove Posts: 3
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I wanna go to the gym but I have a lot of yard work to do those that count as exercise? If so does anyone know how to log that in the exercise diary? It would be shoveling dirt and pulling weeds mostly.

Replies

• It depends on what you used to determine the ammount of calories you are allowing yourself per day. If you chose that you lead an active lifestyle, then I would say no. If, however, you chose that you lead a sedentary lifestyle (ie: desk job), then any activity above your normal daily activity would be considered excercise. For example, I chose a sedentary lifestyle and I have a calorie goal of 1500 calories per day. We got 2 feet of snow here yesterday and I spent 4 hours clearing out driveways. I guessed in that time I burned probably 500 calories (and likely more), so for me it was OK that I went over my normal 1500 calories a day yesterday (and enjoyed 2 cold beers guilt free).
  • Nice! ;) I spent an hour raking rocks because i couldnt find my shovel and pulling weeds for about a half hour. Im trying to have an active lifestyle but not there yet so I guess I will count it. But I dont have any beer :(
This discussion has been closed.