Crossfit

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has tried this work-out, it's been kicking my butt for the last two weeks and I'm wondering what the average calorie burn per workout would be, I know the work-outs vary incredibly from day to day but any kind of estimate would be nice!

Replies

• ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've been Crossfitting for a few years now. Nothing like it. I have no idea about calorie burn, but you gotta figure it's way up there.
  • SmellyMelly13
    Options
    Oh I would assume so, I'm still hurting from Monday's workout... Wall climbs + Box jumps haha. and I don't feel like it's a cardio workout, but then I hit the floor to do push ups or something and my heart is pounding so it definitely has cardio and weight training, it's the best I've tried so far.

But I can never enter it in here as exercise, and I have no idea what to even put in in it's place since I have no idea what the average burn would be.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one because of all the variables (fitness and intensity level, duration, type of exercises, weight, etc.). Try using a HRM.

:o]
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    One of the girls in my class wore a Body Bugg for a few classes and depending on the WOD (we all know some are way harder than others) she was burning about 300-500 calories per WOD (20-30 minutes). FYI she is a 30-something, about 5'4" and 120 pounds or so.

I put it in as circuit training...probably on the low end but I'm just putting it in to keep a basic idea of how much I should eat to maintain my weight and make sure I don't lose muscle.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Wear a HRM.