I'm new here

Options
Hello All!
I am new to this. My Dr. is having me use this website to track my eating and exercising. I am 27 and am on meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. I have absolutely got to lose weight for the sake of my heatlh. Besides my health being motivation, I am also getting married in April 2009!! :love: MAJOR motivation! I'm hoping with the great tips I've seen on here and the help of my dr. that I will be able to reach my goals and stick to my diet plan.

Replies

• EmilyJo1981
    Options
    Hello All!
    I am new to this. My Dr. is having me use this website to track my eating and exercising. I am 27 and am on meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes. I have absolutely got to lose weight for the sake of my heatlh. Besides my health being motivation, I am also getting married in April 2009!! :love: MAJOR motivation! I'm hoping with the great tips I've seen on here and the help of my dr. that I will be able to reach my goals and stick to my diet plan.
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!

:glasses:
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    welcome on board jojo
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily, and welcome! You came to the right place, cuz you REALLY WILL lose weight here!
    Between the daily food log and all the wonderfully supportive members, the weight "practically" falls off!
    I recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, since it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh and or measure such things as meats, rather than just guessing with the amounts.
    Drink lots and lots of water too, it not only helps fill you up, it's great for the complextion!
  • Carole1939
    Options
    :wink: Welcome, I am also new. I think this site will help you.
    You will make your goal for that wedding in 2009.
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • karamac
    karamac Posts: 26
    Options
    :smile: Welcome I am also new here wishing us both the best of luck
  • EmilyJo1981
    Options
    I've been drinking so much water I feel like I"m floating!!! HAHA :laugh:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Welcome Emily, and keep drinking that water, I promise u will not float away! lol
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking so much water I feel like I"m floating!!! HAHA :laugh:

:laugh: I know the feeling! I spend 3/4 of my time in the bathroom these days! But, it's WORTH IT, so keep on drinking that water!
  • pedwards5
    Options
    Emily, Thank you so much for passing on this site. I love it!
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    From one Emily to another....WELCOME! The people here are awesome and everyone welcomes you with open arms. BEST of luck to you!:smile: