exercise twice a day?

Options
krennie8
krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
I worked out for 45 mins on the elliptical earlier, and am debating now going back (it's either that or showering). I know I won't be able to workout this weekend really, so I was debating another half-hour. Too much or should i just bite the bullet and do it?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    no reason not to if youre not too tired
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    The question is relative to what your level of activity usually is.

If you won't be able to workout this weekend just try being active, playing outside games w/ family, biking, etc.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'll often exercise twice a day, but if the first workout was intense, I'll try to dial back the intensity on the second. I'm a cyclist, though, so it's not unusual for one of my workouts to last 2-3 hours, and I've sometimes spent the whole day riding. It depends on your fitness level and what you're used to.
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Its ok I do it some but then its cardio and something either another cardio or strength traning Never 2 sessions strength on same part in one day
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I do it a few times a week. I normally run at lunch then either do yoga or strength training after work. If you feel good enough to go for another workout, then do it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Why not? Get er dun.
  • jenberg777
    jenberg777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what do you have to lose? if you do it you won't regret it....if you don't do it, you most likely will.........do it - if anything just for to have the satisfaction of knowing you're giving it all you got. (I've done that before....especially when there will be 2 days without a workout...........it helps me be more mindful about how I'm eating and I feel good because not working out makes me feel like I'm giving up on myself, even if I'm just NOT ABLE to get a workout in.......mind games ....it's all in the mind. Best wishes!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    What's your normal level of activity? If you usually do 45 minutes every day, or every other day, then go for it. If this was a longer activity then normal, I wouldn't. You don't want to overdo it. Just keep on your feet all weekend!
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you can, have at it.

If you feel like you can't, well..you're taking this weekend off anyway so have at it...lol