Getting easier or am I doing it wrong?

Options
So today was day 3 of 30 day shred. Day 1 I sweat like a pig within the first few minutes and didn't even use weights because I didn't have any/didn't think of anything to substitute. Day 2 I used water bottles as my weights, sweat a good amount and was pretty sore the rest of the day and overnight. Today I didn't have any water bottles left so I used 2 cans of soda (lighter than water I think) and barely worked up a sweat at all, even during the cardio. Is my body just getting used to the exercises? Should I try the more intense modifications? Is it possible for this to happen by day 3? Or am I just doing something wrong? I have to think that the weights don't have too much to do with it since I wasn't using any on day 1 and I was drenched in sweat by the end of it... thanks!

Replies

• Sozu
    Sozu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Uh, what?
    What's that 30 day shred? something I must have missed.

Anyway, what I understand of your text, you're doing some kind of exercise with weights (water bottles?), and you wonder if you're doing it wrong due you feel you can lift heavier and heavier after just some day?
    If I understood it correctly, well, it's hard to know if you're doing anything wrong as we got no much information about what exercise it is and also we can't see you while you're doing it.

To be sure not to do anything wrong, just carefully read through techniques of the exercises you're doing, start low and really workout the technique. Film yourself and then watch the film, and see if it's correct Also you can show the video to others you trust and ask them about the form etc.

Then just keep on lifting.

Also the technique does really help with the strength, in deadlift for example I've increased a lot just for fixing my form and performing of the lift.

Just keep on going and you'll find out.
    But eventually, everything feels easier the more you workout.
  • Angelica0530
    Options
    It's a workout dvd that combines strength, cardio and ab exercises. I guess my question was posed to those who know what I'm talking about. It's not necessarily the lifting parts that are getting easier, just overall the whole workout felt easier today and I'm not sure if it's because my body is adapting (seems suspect after only 3 days, but I'm a noob so I don't really know) or because I just didn't do the exercises properly today.
  • Sozu
    Sozu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ohh okay.
    Well, I am not sure but I would think you probably doing it right and that you're making progress.
    However it just gone 3 days, keep on going, if it feels too easy, try make it harder.
    Depending on the goal of the DVD workouts, for losing weight it's all about calorie deficit, always been, always will.
    To also gain some muscle or so, you've to increase weights overtime anyway.
    Can also been your energy levels, that you felt more tired the first day, and that you been more energetic the other days and had more power.
    Just keep on going.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    If it's like the usual JM workouts, you can add more weights or work up to the "bad@$$" version that she usually provides.

I haven't done that workout dvd, but I did Ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack and it never felt "easy". Keep doing it and add in more weights or the fuller range of motion/increased speed of repetitions which are the usual modifications for the advanced levels.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If it's not sufficiently challenging for you, you can always try the harder modifications, use heavier weights, or just skip level one entirely and go do level 2 twice.
  • CuAlMc
    CuAlMc Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    maybe because you know whats coming it feels easier maybe push yourself a little harder next time. take note of how many of a certain exercise you can do in the time and see if you can do a few more next time.