Fitbit compatable with MFP?

Options
So since these are supposed to be compatible. How do I account in MFP for my activity with my Fitbit? I'm sure it's very simple and I am just being a dumbass about the whole thing. Fitbit says I've burned 1,240 so far today with my activity.

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is already here somewhere.

Replies

• MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    If you go to apps you can connect them to each other.
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There is a way to link the accounts. I'm thinking it's through the APPS tab at the top of the page, but I don't remember for sure. Depending on how active I am throughout the day, MFP will add calories to my daily calorie allottment and say FitBit adjustment (or something like that).
  • squidgirl68
    squidgirl68 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm already linked but I'm wondering if I'm supposed to be seeing anything in MFP under the food area where I would see my exercise being counted toward my food calories/
  • emz247
    emz247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be seeing a Fitbit calorie adjustment in your activity log were any other exercise you enter would show. Your calorie goal should then recalculate based on the inclusion of Fitbit calories. I have the Fitbit one and that's how it works. The adjustment feeds over from the Fitbit app so you'll need to sync your Fitbit with your phone if it's compatible via Bluetooth or with a computer using the wireless adapter that came in the box. Hope this helps!
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    fitburn burn includes your bmr. when you go to exercise you will see fitbit calorie adjustment.
  • squidgirl68
    Options
    Well I'm not seeing anything at all having to do with fitbit or adjustments on my exercise or calories page. I did over 11k steps and 42 very active minutes with 1345 activity calories, crap I walked over 5 miles today. You would think that would've counted for something :(
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Maybe try again to link mfp to fitbit. You should definitely be seeing "credit" for fitbit. With the latest app update I even see my total steps show up and get updated when my fitbit syncs. Something isn't working quite right for you.
  • sheistheoldme
    Options
    After over 6 mths of not using it & gaining some weight back, I started up my Fitbit up again this week. So far its working out good.
    I record food, water, exercise & weigh in on MFP. Fitbit tracks of steps, floors, sleep, calculates calories in & out. At end of day I sync MFP to Fitbit on my computer to see how I did for the day. All the info on MPF syncs into Fitbit. (I don't have fitbit app on my phone) I want a certain calorie deficit so I try to stay within my daily calorie allowance on MPF. I don't pay attention to the calorie adjustment, lower rate of weight loss, seems like the more activity, the more calories it allows.
    Hope this helps. Best of luck :)
  • squidgirl68
    Options
    Its good now. Yay I just earned pie! Thanks peeps!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It won't show an adjustment until your total Fitbit burn estimate for the day (based on your activity so far) exceeds your MFP calories burned goal. Though if you have negative adjustments enabled, that won't be true. The estimate can go down over the day if you're less active than it expects you to be.

If you click the little "i" by the adjustment on the Exercise page, it shows you how it calced it.

Good job figuring it out and earning pie! That's a lot of steps!