Females 10 lb weight loss goal - Looking for friends

Options
Hi All, I am looking for friends for encouragement in this fitness/weight loss journey. I think it is much better to do this together. Of note, I think it will be good to do so with people with similar body composition.

I am:

32 y.o. F
5'8
141 lbs
35% body fat
looking to reduce my body fat while losing about 10 lbs

Current exercises:
elliptical
swimming (new to it)
some weight training
abdominal exercises
bikram yoga

Stick to a 1200-1500 calorie diet

Will be nice to see what others are doing to get in shape. Hope to hear from you all! Send me a friend request and lets encourage each other :)

Replies

• pav222
    pav222 Posts: 20
    Options
    im a 140 pounds and want to lose 10 to 15 pounds too! im doing all the workouts you are too apart from swimming!

i eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day, stay away from white stuff really like bread rice pasta, and eat wholemeal stuff, i eat lots of fruit,nuts, protein, recently fallen in love with cottage cheese which is very high on protein, its amazing on flatbread!!!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    35% body fat at 5'8 and 141 lbs?? That sounds off.
  • saanjana
    saanjana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages.

I find it helpful to do long intense workouts at one time. Initially I was 165 and was able to drop to 141 in 6 months with real difficulty. Now I'm at a standstill.

One think I've noticed helps is too push myself to do cardio after some weight or resistance training. Though it is initially difficult I can sore through if I can push myself to do 20 minutes. I try to aim for at least 50 minutes and try to time the elliptical with a good TV show I enjoy. Once I'm into it after the first 20-30 minutes then I can really push myself.

To Kyle above. I agree - I had my measurements done twice for the 35%. This wad one using calipers by my fitness trainer, and there maybe some bias. Via military method I was about 32%. I think it maybe 5% off, but overall I think I really am that unhealthy!
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    There's a newer group called Little Middles for people who want to lose the last few pounds.
  • saanjana
    saanjana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks…how do I find this group?

sorry I'm relatively new to this so still trying to navigate through
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I'd like to lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks.
    Im 30 yrs old
    159 lbs.

Plan on strict diet and working out for 50 min 4 times a week
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    hi :) I just finished my first 10 pound goal but I have 5 left of my newer goal, feel free to send a request!! Welcome!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 10 lbs now!

5'5"
    28 years old
    130.4 lbs

Current exercises:

Jogging in place for 45-60 minutes a day, 5 days a week (I have a toddler, so this is how I sneak in some cardio while she naps)
    Walking around the neighborhood after dinner with the family
    Circuit training 3 days a week, usually to Jillian Michaels videos on YouTube
    Kickboxing 2 days a week
    Weights
    Yoga

I do 1,200+exercise calories. Feel free to add! :flowerforyou:
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 19, and have 12.4 pounds left to lose. I'm currently eating about 1400 calories a day. Feel free to friend me!
  • littl3xlion
    littl3xlion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi hi!

I'm a bit shorter (5'1 and 115lbs, but my goal was 13 pounds and I have 5 more left). Typically do weights, running, elliptical, and cross-trainer. Request sent!
    Anyone else is free to add me as well.
    :D