No difference after trying hard for a whole month

Feel extremely demotivated. Its been an entire month I'm working out combining cardio a few times a week with 30 day shred and see absolutely no difference. I need to lose about 25 pounds. Activity level is sedentary so I was expecting to see SOME difference by working out so hard an entire month. I carry most of my weight in my tummy and thighs. My before and after pictures show no difference, my measurements show no difference. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I don't like food much, I have two meals a day and my only sugar intake is about 2 teaspoons in the mornings. Any advice?

Replies

• Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    It seems odd that you are increasing your workout and not changing anything else and not loosing however, it could be a couple things. You say you only eat 2 meals a day, are you getting enough calories? If you are not its possibly your body is holding onto everything you do eat if you are not eating enough. Possibly you are building muscle, when I started my workout routine I stalled for 2 months because my body was retaining water, healing itself etc from all the stress of my new work out but after that the pounds began to fall off. I am really no expert I am just guessing and giving some ideas here why it may happen. Can you make your diary public so we can see and give you some tips based off your food intake as that is where weight loss really starts anyways :)
  • followzyzz
    followzyzz Posts: 10
    Cut the sugar, increase your water intake, try the low-carb diet.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    How is your nutrition? When people get in pretty good shape, they often need to increase their calorie intake to continue losing weight (personal experience). You may not be eating enough. Congrats on already losing 150 lbs! That is so awesome! Also, spread out your food intake more throughout the day more. Eat at least 3 meals/day.

Allan
  • It's discipline, it's determination, it's the sweat and all those tears that turn your doubts into accomplishments. Stay focused and keep at it. Each day is a new day. The days ahead won't always be easy or kind but that a what makes it worth it. Sometimes it's also better to forget what you FEEL and remember what you DESERVE. Keep at it :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    A month isn't long enough. Give it three or four months and if no change, then you may need to adjust calories, you may be eating too little.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    I would suggest confusing your body by doing 4 weeks of whatever exercise program you like and then taking one week off and eating at maintenance. It can help speed up your metabolism and get your weight loss started up again. After the week is up, do another month of exercise and repeat.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Cut the sugar, increase your water intake, try the low-carb diet.

Why?

OP are you weighing/measuring everything that you eat ad drink? Are you logging it all? If so opening your diary might give some clues as to what is going on.

Also what is your height weight and age if you dont mind sharing that info

Its not how many times per day you eat its how any calories you have in those meals.

Having said that if you are new to exercise then your body will be holding on to water to help repair damaged muscles, which may mask weight loss for a time and if you have a lot of sodium in your diet that could make the water retention worse
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    The lack of basic stats (age, ht, wt, weekly loss goal, caloric intake) and a closed diary make giving informed assessments impossible.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    This stuff can sometimes take years! Just know it wont be easy. You've done a month. Keep putting in the work on a monthly basis and those changes are inevitable!
    You got this STAY POSITIVE!