Gym supplemets

Options
How much protein should one take for 30 min cardio and 40 min weight training daily.
2. Should one take creatinine monohydrate, its dose and benefits as there are lots of confusing reports on the net regarding its dosing?
3. How to lose weight and at the same time build muscle bulk and a lean body.

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Let's play a game called: open your diary !
  • followzyzz
    followzyzz Posts: 10
    Options
    1. Your total protein intake for the day should be 1g per 1lb of your body mass.
    2. Creatine Monohydrate is totally safe. However, I would not take it while cutting because you will retain some water weight.
    3. Before you start a bulk you should first cut until you get to 7%-15% bodyfat.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in supplements or protein shakes
    I do take vitamins tho
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,693 Member
    Options
    95% of supplements aren't needed. Get your eating right before considering supplementation.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rakk17
    rakk17 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am also taking creatinine Monohydrate-5 mg daily after workout.

My Serum Creatinine value are normal but after starting the supplement they go upto 1.4mg/dl.They again come back to normal 1.2mg/dl when I stop.

Is this okay. Do the values rise when we take creatinine supplement.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Typically people will use protein when they can't reach their daily goals. It's not needed.

As far as creatine, it's the same deal, you can get plenty of it with fish and meat. It does have it's benefit as far as recovery and growth.

Everyone can react differently on creatine, it fine to use for bulking or cutting, water retention can be issue, but not for everyone. I experience no issues with it, but have friends that just can't take it.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Aim to get 1gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, which is about 0.8 grams per pound of body weight.

Creatine is safe, but it isn't neccessary.

You can't bulk and lose weight at the same time. It's one or the other. You can, however, lift weights while on a deficit and retain more of your current muscle while getting stronger. You won't gain muscle, but you will get stronger. Another perk: you'll lose fat, which will help uncover the muscles you currently have.
  • rakk17
    rakk17 Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks all
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in supplements or protein shakes

They really do exist...
  • tannatannabobanna
    tannatannabobanna Posts: 320 Member
    Options