Thought I'd Introduce Myself

Options
Hey everyone,
I've been on this MyFitnessPal for a while and never really used it properly but feeling more inclined to do it so here's a bit of my story :)

I've been losing weight since I was about 11/12. I started to gain weight after losing my auntie and also leaving school to become homeschooled - a mixture of comfort eating and not enough exercise.
I began losing weight by cutting out fizzy drinks and chocolate ect. and soon began to lose weight To exercise I would use fitness DVD and Wii games!
I was nearly a size 16 and by this routine I went down to a size 10-12 by the time I was 14.
However, since hitting 15/16 and now here I am at 18 I've given myself a stricter routine suchas - mainting a certain diet - try to be high in fibre and not many treats, and by hitting the gym 2-3 times a week and running 2 miles or more each day.
I got into running by training for Race For Life and finishing the 5K in 44 minutes, I hope to do it again next year and beat my time!

My motivation right now is to look good for some upcoming concerts
- seeing Jane McDonald (from Loose Women) in concert a few times this year and want to look my very best seeing as my friend and I run her unofficial fanpage TeamJMD on twitter :)

Anyway I have rambled on enough! Hope to talk to some of you soon!
- Jolie xx

Replies

• TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck, feel free to reach out for support.
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the fold.
  • DistanceRunnerVI
    DistanceRunnerVI Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jolie & everyone else! I am new myself. I just joined this site yesterday. Best wishes with your fitness goals. My younger son is 18 too. I am a former road racing champion, but got distracted from the sport and have lost my fitness discipline and gained 30 LBS in the process. I am very self-conscious at my current weight, and is often upset when dressing. I am ready to do what it takes to make me smile again, when I look in the mirror, and I would also like to race competitively again. I am 39, 5'2", 145LBS and my goal is to get back down to 115. I just came back from a 6 mile run and a younglady said to me as I run past her " You got fat". I am soo tire of hearing comments like that.....