Emotional.. frustrated... you name it...

Options
Frustrated... Upset....emotional.. Feelings today. I have an issue with swelling, so I am up and down with my weight loss but still can still log a loss within a few days.. well its been a while now.....I weighed in today, not logging it either... I'm eating within my calories, exercising more than ever before( I can't do a lot yet but I'm doing all I can. That includes 10 minutes on the kettle bell every other day and 30-60minutes on a stationary bike daily as per my Dr.), I'm doing what I know to do and the scale seems to keep going back up instead of down!!! I do retain water so I am watching my sodium, haven't drank any kind of soft drinks(not even diet) in over three months, drink all of my water most days, and am on blood pressure medicine with a diuretic in it.... But I'm not sure if it's just water retention or I'm really messing up... I'm so upset! Haven't logged a loss since June 19th, And I'm ready for another!!!! MFP allows me 1890 calories a day but I stay around 1600-1700 before exercise and do not eat back my calories that exercise burns.Anyone else have experience with swelling? It has increased by up to 7 pounds! Thanks for listening to me whine! Nikki

Replies

• momof2boys2014
    momof2boys2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No one else has issues with swelling? Desperate for advice
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. In fact today is one of those...I literally grew a pooch over night...It has been sticking out all day, and when I sit, I can see my spare tire...(or tyre, you English people) But I know this is just temporary and will go away in a day or two..
    Drink a lot of water and herbal tea, do whatever you normally do and have a good night sleep.
    Good luck~
  • secwife47
    secwife47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! June just sucked for me. My Thyroid numbers are off. So my meds have been changed. I hope July is better for both of us. Put the scale In the closet and just forget about It for a while. Im ignoring mine for the next week. My clothes are falling off me but my scale isn't moving. Relax and enjoy the 4th. Have fun with your kids, eat well and hopefully things will get better.
  • Bananafish06
    Bananafish06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that sounds really frustrating. I don't have any personal experience with this but I do know that a friend of mine hit a plateau with her weight loss and sought help from a trainer. The trainer told her that she'd reduced her calories too much and thrown her body into starvation mode so that it slowed her metabolism to a crawl and was holding on to fat. He actually had her increase her intake to just a 500 calorie deficit and instructed her to eat every 2 hours in order to jump start her metabolism again. He also had her back off of aerobic exercise for a bit to focus on resistance training and build up some lean muscle. I can't say if this would work for you but I do know that in her case it worked like a charm. After just 2 weeks her metabolism was back up and she started losing again.
  • momof2boys2014
    momof2boys2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I was just so upset that day, man its like I'm working so hard to FINALLY try to do this right and it wasn't moving. I am more determined to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and get this off once and for all!!! I am just going to keep doing what I know to do, surely it has no choice but to eventually come off right? LOL Thank the Lord for a new day, fresh start and new outlook!!! Again, thank you all.