What's the weirdest grossest thing you ever ate?

Options
CindyMarcuzAdams
CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
:sick: the weirdest grossest thing I ever ate was...cow tongue...

Replies

• bevers1948
    bevers1948 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    when we were in Nfld. & L my husband had me eat a mussel. They look like a woman's private part. It went straight down, didn't taste it
  • RacquetChick
    RacquetChick Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    :sick: the weirdest grossest thing I ever ate was...cow tongue...

When I was a kid tongue was my favorite!

My mother always made Hog Maw (pigs stomach stuffed with sausage and potatoes..). That was never my favorite dish.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    My ex bf was excited about his potato salad
    recipe. He had to share it with me .. he made
    dinner and I ate it, it involved ketsup. Let's
    just say it was awful. I felt bad saying I couldn't
    eat it.
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Something that I think was a sea squirt at a wedding in Korea. It had the taste and texture of a sock that had been sitting on the beach for about a week.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A while back there were Harry Potter-themed Jelly Bellys and I accidentally had the earthworm flavor. I don't know if it tasted like the real thing, but it was disgusting.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A few days ago my 6 yr old tried to get me to eat a cheddar bacon cricket. Was nit happening, but he is an adventurous little bigger I'll give him that.
  • dog_daze
    dog_daze Posts: 3
    Options
    Some sort of fried silkworm/beetle in Korea. I was really nasty, I could taste it the next day.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Escargot. Blood sausage.

Both of them tasted fantastic. But then I started thinking about what I was eating... It was like when you're going up stairs and you start thinking about walking up stairs and thinking about it messes you up and you trip. It was the culinary version of that.

:sick:
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My mother use to make us try one new thing we wouldn't normally eat every month. The worst was pig brains mixed with scrambled eggs. Nasty nasty business there. Then the octopus tentacles was terrible, but she probably didn't cook them right. Bitter and rubbery. One thing I did try that I did like was mountain oysters (hog balls). They were pretty good.
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I ate crocodile. It tastes like chicken, but I couldn't get over the fact that it was crocodile. I also have ate the vomit flavored jelly beans. Bleh
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Duck tongue.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    Snails, frogs legs and cockroaches
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    A burger wrapped in pizza and deep fried.
    I regret nothing
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    pickled baby octopus
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Fried alligator, it was like a tough chicken nugget and the popcorn flavor jelly belly tastes like death. Yuck! Pickled egg, nasty!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sushi... but I tried it.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love tongue. That came out sounding weirder than I thought haha. I ate cricket tacos in México once. Also had some gut tacos. Those sucked.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Salt-brined bear jerky. I choked some down for a friend, and it made me sick. Baby pickled octopus on the other hand, is delicious as long as you don't look at it for very long. :/
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Escargot but thats not weird thats incredible.

Plenty of fruity bugs at some market before. They like feed the bugs fruits their their life so you can eat a cricket and it tastes like an apple. Weird.

Shark. Alligator. Snake. Deep Fried Frog Legs.