in need of chicken dish

Options
I am making dinner tomorrow night with chicken (i alternate meats each night) however, i dont have a recipie. does anyone hacve one for my self and my boyfriend to eat? that would be great!1 thanks!

Replies

• dncr8707
    Options
    I am making dinner tomorrow night with chicken (i alternate meats each night) however, i dont have a recipie. does anyone hacve one for my self and my boyfriend to eat? that would be great!1 thanks!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Is it like, a whole chicken? Or just breasts? Boneless, skinless?
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Try this one. It's really good!

I made this delicious meal for dinner and it was a big hit! I was craving a Chinese meal but knew that getting take out from the local place down the street could prove very unhealthy. I tried this meal instead and was satisfied. Hope you and your family like it as well I have also entered in the nutrition information into the food log under the recipe names.

Grilled Soy and Sesame Chicken Breasts - Serves 4
    1 tablespoon brown sugar ( I used Splenda brown sugar substitute)
    3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (make sure it's low sodium, otherwise I think it would be way too salty)
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Combine all ingredients except chicken in a shallow dish and mix well. Add chicken, turning to coat.
    Cover and marinade in the refrigerator at least 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade.

Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan and heat to a boil, then cool. Place the chicken on the grill over hot coals until chicken is done and juices run clear, approximately 7 to 10 minutes per side.
    **** It's way to0 cold here in VA to grill so I cooked my chicken with the remaining marinade in a large skillet or you could use a grill pan***

Turn and baste frequently with reserved marinade.

Per Serving: 161 calories, 3g fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 28g protein, 4 carbs, 68mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium

Serve with:

Broccoli with Black Bean-Garlic Sauce - 4 servings (3/4 cup per each serving)

1 teaspoon sesame seeds
    1/2 cup water, divided
    1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    2 teaspoons black bean-garlic sauce (found in the Asain ingredient section of your grocery store or at the Asain market)
    2 teaspoons canola oil ( I used olive oil)
    1 clove garlic, minced
    4 cups broccoli florets

Toast sesame seeds in a small skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Tranfer to bowl to cool.

Mix 1/4 cup water, vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add black bean sauce and stir until smooth.

Heat oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and stir to coat. Add the remaining 1/4 cup water, cover and steam just until broccoli is tender crisp, 1 to 3 minutes. Push broccoli to the sides and pour the sauce mixture in the center. Stir until sauce begins to thicken, about 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli to coat. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.

Nutrition Information
    Per serving: 53 calories, 3 grams fat, 0 saturated fat, 2 grams mono. fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 6 g carbs,
    2 g protein, 2g fiber, 133 mg sodium
    Edited by bla115 on Sat 01/05/08 01:53 PM