Loose skin.. gross I know

Options
So about 6 years ago I lost A LOT of weight pretty fast. I still have about 30lbs to go but am mostly trying to tone up all this loose skin. It is really bothersome and just gets in the way. I have never really lifted weights or anything but have heard it can help with loose skin.

My question is 1. if this is true. 2 .what in the world to I start doing. 3. when would I start to see results (i just like to know to make sure I'm doing what I need) 4. is there anything else I can be doing to help with getting this skin back to somewhat normal.

I am a 25 year old gal and was obese for my whole life. I just want to know if this is something that's possible, or if I surgery is inevitable??

Replies

• ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, lifting can help tighten up that loose skin a bit, but if you've got a fair amount of it you'll likely have to get surgery to remove it.

I'm 25 and am currently working off 100 lbs. I've been overweight for years now, so I fully anticipate having loose skin. I'm a bit terrified of it, honestly. I might start setting money away now so by the time I reach my goal I can afford the surgery.
  • lattanicole
    lattanicole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, lifting can help tighten up that loose skin a bit, but if you've got a fair amount of it you'll likely have to get surgery to remove it.

I'm 25 and am currently working off 100 lbs. I've been overweight for years now, so I fully anticipate having loose skin. I'm a bit terrified of it, honestly. I might start setting money away now so by the time I reach my goal I can afford the surgery.

That's a very good idea, and wish I would have been that smart!!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The other thing I've heard is that it can take a couple of years for your body to deal with lose skin. Generally they don't recommend surgery until you've maintained the weight loss for several years.

After 100lbs lost I have some lose skin, but not enough to warrant surgery yet. I'm sure I'll have more as I progress towards goal. I've been obese for over 30 years, so I doubt my skin has a lot of elasticity. I am not going to consider any sort of surgery until I've successfully maintained several years.
  • greenwrapgirl
    Options
    Exercise does help some but only so much. I had a lot of loose skin after losing 70 pounds and thought I'd never get rid of it. But I was introduced by my niece to the body wraps I now use and sell.

I gained some weight back but am losing it quickly. I could use the wraps now to prevent the loose skin, but I want to be able to show just how well they work on me personally by having the amazing difference in before and after pictures, so I'm going to wait until I'm back to my ideal weight.
  • klyee
    klyee Posts: 8
    Options
    I've never experienced this personally but one of my best friends lost over 50 lbs. in her 30s very quickly and had loose skin. She did body wraps and had really good results after just a couple of wraps. Far less invasive than surgery (obviously), and also less expensive. It's worth a try to do it a couple of times and see!