HELP!!! :(

Options
Its been arrangened for a while now to go to the local all you can eat Chinese tonight. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to eat and what NOT TO TOUCH!!! :) I'm going to try and save my calories for the day and work some calories off aswell so that I have more calories. I'll work for my treat I don't mind that :)

Replies

• muchojaleo
    muchojaleo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would have two big bowls of cabbage soup before I even go to that dinner.

Then I would eat the vegetables there and I wouldn't touch the fried rices or noodles...

Have lots of tea.
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Chinese. Ouch. Good luck!
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I had a very similar situation happen to me recently :) I stayed away from everything that was deep fried and covered in sauce. I know that sounds like almost everything at a chinese buffet :( I was happy to see that the all you can eat that I went to had a really nice salad bar. I loaded most of my plate up with that. As for the Chinese food I did eat, I had the beef and broccoli, chop suey and some wonton soup broth. I tried to keep most of my dishes loaded with veggies...It's hard at an all you can eat chinese food place :(
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    if it was me i think i would make sure i had eaten something healthy before i go out to take the edge off hunger , then yr less inclined to go mad ... chinese buffett is always gonna be a tricky one .. go for the watery sauces rather than the sticky sweet ones .. avoid satay !! and drink lots of water try to enjoy , and have some replies ready for when the well meaning friends try and entice u to eat the devils food !!!
  • kcleigh02
    kcleigh02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also how would u say that I calculate things or should I just see if I can get the closest thing to it that I think is in the data base. :)
  • kcleigh02
    kcleigh02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also how would u say that I calculate things or should I just see if I can get the closest thing to it that I think is in the data base. :)
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The Chinese buffett we go to has a grill where you can pick the raw ingredients and they cook it in front of you. I do this and can tell exactly what the calorie count will be. Then I may have 1 or 2 bites of my favorite fried sauce covered General's Chicken.