Trying to lose weight - stay at home mum

Options
ingehooper
ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
Hiya, im 5"5, 185lbs and aiming for 140lbs then maybe less. Im a busy mum to 2 boys (3yrs and 20months) Im lightly active (housework, chasing the kids, walking 2-3miles with the kids twice a week) Im up and down alot during the day so im definitely not sedentary!
Iv put my data into mfp and come back with 1760cals a day to lose 1lb a week, Iv rounded it down to 1700cals and I will be eating exercise calories back or most of the depending how I feel. Il also try to eat to a schedule as I let myself get to hungry then end up over eating to compensate! Im aiming for breakfast at 8am, lunch at 12pm, snack at 3pm then dinner around 6pm then a snack before bed if I need to. Im going to weigh in on fridays and aim for 3-4 days of exercise (mainly Leslie Sansone 4 fast miles dvd til I get fitter) Im mad at myself as I got down to 155lbs the gained with post natal depression and eating my feelings. Now Im feeling better in myself I need to get the weight off. Im in the UK and my 3yr old can start school next september and I do not want to be fat and self conscious waiting at the school gates! Anyone similar or anyone who can offer me some support and tough love when I need it and want to give up? Iv been stop/starting for ages but need to focus now! xx

Replies

• NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mom to a VERY active and time consuming 3 year old boy! I'm 5'4 and currently 164. At my highest I was 300 but started back on here last August at 261. AND I ALSO do Leslie Sansone 4 fast miles!!! My son will be going to Preschool in August too LOL! Right now my goals are set to lose 1lb per week and I've been doing my best to net over 1200 on days I work out. I would love to help support you on your journey!! I'm certainly not going anywhere!
  • lauranelson779
    lauranelson779 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in the same position. I am 5'5" 160lb and I want to get to 140. I have an almost 4year old and an almost 2 year old. I do work but iris in the school so I have July and Aug off so for that time I am stay at home. I think my biggest problem is finishing my kids plates. Both my kids eat like birds and I have been told since I was a child to not let food go to waste. Then, because I have my weight issues I do not want my children thinking that so I don't make them clean their plates. So of course that means I have to....arg...

My son will also be starting school. I feel like this is the time to get it off. Once fall roles around we'll be too busy and stressed to fit in structured exercise. We can do this. I don't have any suggestions as I'm restarting too.
  • lauranelson779
    lauranelson779 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just clicked on your profile and you are from Wiltshire? That's my maiden name. Apparently we were given that as a last name when my family came from England a million years ago but my grandparents didn't know if the story was true or not.. Is that a surname there or did we really get re branded when we left?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also in the UK. I'm not a SAHM, but I am on maternity leave now with baby no.3 - she's 9 weeks old. My other 2 are 5 and 3. My 5 year old is in reception, he only turned 5 on June 16th.

I was 154lbs pre-pregnancy and super fit, a UK size 10/12 but unfortunately I gained weight despite exercise and tracking calories. I haven't dared weigh myself, but I reckon I've got about 30lbs to lose.

I'm lucky in a way that my husband works shifts (although I won't be saying that later when I have to make dinner, baths and get 3 kids to bed on my own while hubby is on late shift!) as I can go to the gym in the morning when he's on lates, and in the afternoon when he's on earlies.

I've been back at the gym since I had my 6 week check. I do spinning, aerobics, Zumba, step and gym sessions, plus I've had my first personal training session today. I used to have a trainer after my 2nd baby. When I do gym sessions I do weights too. I've got a friend who I go with, which is great.

On top of that, I go out pretty much every day with my 2 youngest. My 3 year old is really active so we take her scooter out on the seafront. We also walk to collect my son from school. When my husband's on lates he takes him to school and I collect, and when he's on earlies we do the opposite.

My calories are set to lose 1lb a week, and I'm allowed 1660. I don't usually eat back exercise calories. I do a 'treat day' at the weekend which usually involves baking something like cookies or cupcakes....whatever my kids want!

I lost 66lbs after my 3 year old was born, so I'm sure I can lose 30! I'm more clued up on what to eat after joining MFP 2 years ago. I used to restrict myself to 1200 calories before then.

I've decided to have little treats to motivate myself. When I can wear my 'fat jeans' (Oasis jeans) without a muffin top then I'll get my hair cut and highlighted as a treat!
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just clicked on your profile and you are from Wiltshire? That's my maiden name. Apparently we were given that as a last name when my family came from England a million years ago but my grandparents didn't know if the story was true or not.. Is that a surname there or did we really get re branded when we left?
    [/quote

I know a few families with the name Wiltshire. Im sure In the old days people would have the surname of their profession (a baker would be named Peter Baker - example!) or named after where they were from