6 months on with pics

Options
jh270593
jh270593 Posts: 33 Member
Wow, I just wrote a massive post, went to get my pics and it deleted!!!

Anyway... This is 6 months on, I haven't got any before pictures but basically...
I'm 5ft9 21 yrs old
SW - 190 pounds
CW - 140 pounds
GW- 135 pounds

[img]http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad237/Jos1993/Mobile Uploads/20140704_122037-1_zpse4ceca20.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad237/Jos1993/Mobile Uploads/20140704_122022_zps84449df6.jpg[/img]

I still feel like a have quite a bit of fat around my belly area but my friends are saying that I just need to tone up and everywhere will flatten down eventually. Any advice or opinions are more than welcome

A quick overview of my story...

In jan this year me and the boyfriend of 4 years broke up, I put on about 50 pounds in the space of us being together. We were both very unhappy and had been for a while. At first I felt like I couldn't cope on my own and we spoke for about a month on and off until we decided to go no contact, and haven't spoken since. I was very unhappy with my body and weight and started using mfp, logging what I ate and sticking to a calorie deficit, I also started doing gym classes, riding my horse more, and taking the dog for longer walks. It all kept my mind busy and distracted and before I knew it, the weight started to drop off. I am so proud of how far I have come and how my mind has changed. I no longer feel like I can't cope on my own, but I am appreciating life more, saying yes to things I would of previously said no to. I have stopped biting my nails, which I have done since a very young age and never been able to stop. I have made new friends and most importantly I have confidence I have never had before. Obviously everyone has an ideal body shape which I don't think I am at yet, but hopefully in 6 months time, I will have achieved that too.

Replies

• jh270593
    Options
    P.s. Sorry for messy room!
  • yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! 50 lbs in 6 months is quite rapid, so it will take a bit for your body to level out and weight lifting will be so important now to make the final changes you want. Job well done :)
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats!!! I bet your horse and your dog are happy to spend more time with you :))
  • CFAddict
    CFAddict Posts: 15
    Options
    Great work, you look terrific
  • radioactiveskullgirl
    Options
    Congrats !!
    can you give me any tips about how to lose that kinda weight within 5 months or so ?
    I really want to be in a good shape before I hit the " University stage " Lol
    I've got Big , fatty thighs :(
    that's my main problem
    any help would be awesome :D
  • Crystal82186
    Crystal82186 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I'm 5'8" and around 190 pounds so your story inspires me. =] Thank you for sharing!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You should be quite proud of yourself! That is a fantastic accomplishment! I think you look great, but sure, toning is great idea. Congratulations!
  • jh270593
    Options
    Congrats !!
    can you give me any tips about how to lose that kinda weight within 5 months or so ?
    that's my main problem

Basically I stuck to a calorie deficit, I weighed myself every morning when I remembered which spurred me each day and every time It was the lowest I would record that in mfp
    I signed up for a few gym classes a week and made them part of my daily routine, and another thing that helped was motivation, I got my motivation from taking measurements and seeing pictures of myself which I didn't like.
    Try your hardest to stick to the calorie deficit, I found that I had that much motivation when I started that I stuck to it really well. Now I have practically achieved my goal I am less strict but you have to have that motivation there at the beginning to want to achieve and push yourself. You can do it!! My goals were 1400 on a non exercise day and 1600 on exercise days. Now I'm eating about 1800 and 2000 on exercise days.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments

Eta i also think it helps when you tell people your little achievements each week, if I lost a few pounds I would tell my family and get a lot of encouragement and support. When I lost 2 stone I announced it on Facebook that I was really proud of myself and got lots of congrats, wells dones which makes u feel great :-)
  • radioactiveskullgirl
    Options
    Congrats !!
    that's my main problem

Basically I stuck to a calorie deficit, I weighed myself every morning when I remembered which spurred me each day and every time It was the lowest I would record that in mfp
    I signed up for a few gym classes a week and made them part of my daily routine, and another thing that helped was motivation, I got my motivation from taking measurements and seeing pictures of myself which I didn't like.
    Try your hardest to stick to the calorie deficit, I found that I had that much motivation when I started that I stuck to it really well. Now I have practically achieved my goal I am less strict but you have to have that motivation there at the beginning to want to achieve and push yourself. You can do it!! My goals were 1400 on a non exercise day and 1600 on exercise days. Now I'm eating about 1800 and 2000 on exercise days.

Eta i also think it helps when you tell people your little achievements each week, if I lost a few pounds I would tell my family and get a lot of encouragement and support. When I lost 2 stone I announced it on Facebook that I was really proud of myself and got lots of congrats, wells dones which makes u feel great :-)

Well that's really awesome ! I do cardio & workouts 6 days \ week along walking twice a day for about 30mins ,,, the thing is I don't know the right calorie deficit for me N how its related to Calories burned during workouts .
  • jh270593
    Options
    Congrats !!
    that's my main problem

Well that's really awesome ! I do cardio & workouts 6 days \ week along walking twice a day for about 30mins ,,, the thing is I don't know the right calorie deficit for me N how its related to Calories burned during workouts .

Thank you :-) What's your height?? I used something online but can't remember the link :-( it was on here I found it though. The only reason I eat more when I exercise is cos I found if I didn't I would be really hungry the next day!
  • mncodergal
    mncodergal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic! Time is a great healer for broken hearts.. plus your determination to tone up. Keep it up, you're doing a great job!!
  • radioactiveskullgirl
    Options
    Congrats !!
    that's my main problem

Thank you :-) What's your height?? I used something online but can't remember the link :-( it was on here I found it though. The only reason I eat more when I exercise is cos I found if I didn't I would be really hungry the next day!

am about 5'ft \ 155 cm
    yeah sometimes I workout hard N end up eating the whole fridge the nxt day :P
  • zimmera
    zimmera Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look fantastic and should be really proud of your accomplishment. Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • jh270593
    Options
    Thank you :-)
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Way to go Lady :) Great work. Sorry about your relationship with your ex :flowerforyou: Don't worry about the messy room :tongue: Congratulations on the weight loss :bigsmile:
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations. ^-^
  • KiaraOwens57
    Options
    that's so freaking inspiring ! I also started at 190.
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow... I am still in the midst of my journey. What is your weight loss buddy, I am in the Venus Factor System. http://bit.ly/1ocaNoB
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!