I can't keeping saying i'll start tomorrow.

Options
Hello,

My name is Felicia and I am 24. I currently weigh 257lbs. I gained 80lbs while pregnant with my 2 children and now its time to get this weight off. I keep saying I will start tomorrow. When I do start and mess up and I feel terrible. I found this app two days ago and after using it the first two days just to see how much I am actually eating I was shocked. My goal is to lose 100lbs, 2lbs per week. With clean eating and working out I know I can do this.

Thanks,
:)

Replies

• valb1983
    valb1983 Posts: 18
    Options
    Just go for it Hun, you'll feel great when you do and wonder why the hell you put if off for so long. I don't know what exercise you have planned but I just started the couch to 5k program this week and I am loving it :)
    I was in the same boat as you and always saying tomorrow I will change this.... Tomorrow never came. When I got up and done my first day of c25k Monday morning it was the jump start I needed and now I'm serious about getting in shape no looking back now, good luck Hun and feel free to add me, x
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    why not start by cutting 500 calories per day off of what you're currently eating? don't wait - start cutting today. once you're comfortable with that, you can very possibly cut another 500 out.

btw, if you don't exercise, can you find 15 to 20 minutes to walk each day? my knees and ankles could only handle 15 minutes at first, but i built up. and i find walking is amazing for burning calories and building fitness.

you CAN do this!
  • felicia_lenette
    Options
    Im feeling great now because I know that im really serious about my goal. Thank you for your encouragement!! :)
  • felicia_lenette
    Options
    Im starting off with 1420 calories a day. I would like to cut it but I am also breasfeeding my 4 month old. Once she starts table food I will be able to cut done my calorie intake. I walk/run 30 min every morning with my children in the double stroller and our dog. My husband and I alternate. A friend of mine brought over her Zumba dvd and other workout dvds. Thank you for your encouragement.
  • sarahpolak56
    sarahpolak56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem where I always say I'll do better tomorrow. And even if I mess up a little bit, I keep eating like crap because I tell myself I've already ruined it for the day. But try to remind yourself that each day you give up you're taking a step backwards and every day you do good it's a step forward. Once you make it a couple weeks eatin healthy, you won't want to quit:)
  • sarahpolak56
    sarahpolak56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    And feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Water_Gal
    Water_Gal Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Felicia, the first few days are the hardest so you are well on your way already! I have lost 47 lbs so far in just under four months using myfitnesspal. This is about my halfway point. I expected it to be harder, to be hungry all the time and to feel deprived. I don't, because I learned to eat healthier and fuel my body. I stay away from things that are sugary and low in nutrition. I am rarely hungry because my body is getting what it needs and if I am hungry I am satisfied eating things that won't make me gain. Myfitnesspal is a great resource and has kept me on track, every single day. Sometimes i eat (or drink) more than i need but it never is a failure. I know what i need to do to keep my caloric deficit inline with my goals. It really works if you are ready to be accountable.

Good luck! Heather
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    We have the same name. :wink:

Take a look at my profile to see what I've been doing to lose 50lbs so far. I eat a lot because I am very active at work. figuring out how much energy you actually use every day will be the most help in setting a calorie goal to work toward. It's admirable if you want to eat "clean," but don't be fooled into thinking that you have to change the foods you already eat in order to lose weight. You can very well enjoy the foods you love, but smaller quantities, and still lose weight. The less drastically you alter your diet, the easier it will be to stick to.

But whatever you decide to do, good luck! I hope you reach your goals.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Felicia and I am 24. I currently weigh 257lbs. I gained 80lbs while pregnant with my 2 children and now its time to get this weight off. I keep saying I will start tomorrow. When I do start and mess up and I feel terrible. I found this app two days ago and after using it the first two days just to see how much I am actually eating I was shocked. My goal is to lose 100lbs, 2lbs per week. With clean eating and working out I know I can do this.

Thanks,

Congrats on the first step! Starting to realize what you're actually eating can be the HARDEST part of this - I know it was for me - but once you lock that down, you're golden!!

And the best, best part about this lifestyle change, instead of "diets", is that you can eat all the same things you just have to figure out how to moderate them!

I know for me, I had to cut them all at first and then slowly, as I gained self control and could portion better I was able to eat a small amount of it instead of the whole bag or package lol.

This whole community is so supportive and are always here to help!

Feel free to add me if you'd like . . . it can be really tough to keep motivated sometimes :)

You've got this, for sure!!!
  • felicia_lenette
    Options
    True story. I do the same thing. If I start off right I feel so good but once I mess up I think well i might as well start over tomorrow. I think this app and community of encouragement is def. going to help me reach my goal.
  • felicia_lenette
    Options
    Hi,

Congrats. That is so good for you. Im going to take advantage of this app. I noticed that even when eating under my calorie intake I was still eating unhealthy because I consumed more fat and sugars than my nutrition goal. Im going to need to work on that. I am ready to be accountable.
  • felicia_lenette
    Options
    Hey,

Thank you and your right. I keep thinking I have to cut out every thing I love to eat. But smaller intake with foods I love is a better decision. I can ease my way into cleaner eating.
  • Angelica0530
    Options
    You can do it! I had my baby in April and thought the weight would just fall off. WRONG :( Finally last week I just decided to start weight watchers because I loooooove food and didn't want a diet where I couldn't eat yummy things. After my first week, I felt really motivated and confident that I could take on more so I did some research and found the 30 day shred. Tuesday morning I had it right in front of me but thought to myself - I didn't PLAN to work out today I'll just start tomorrow. But then - I was already wearing my sweats I just decided hey, it's 20 minutes I really DON'T have an excuse I'm just gonna do it. And 3 days later I'm so glad that I did. Trust yourself!!! You can do it!
  • honeyboobookitten
    honeyboobookitten Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been putting off forever, but yesterday I finally went grocery shopping and decided today is the day! Just go one step at a time while still pushing yourself. You have the ability to accomplish whatever you set your mind to :)
  • eb130
    eb130 Posts: 1
    Options
    I can totally relate to the "I'll do it tomorrow. I've already ruined today." I get it. I know we can do this! :smile:
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks,

It's really awesome that you just tracked what you eat when not dieting for a little while before starting to cut back. Gives you a chance to see what kind of calories you overeat, so you know where to look for substitutions and cuts.

I'm finding that I get most of my fat from the cream I use in black tea (which from a carbohydrate perspective is better than milk, which contains lactose). So one easy way for me to trim calories is to drink a little less black and a little more green tea (which I drink straight).

Did you find anything you've been overeating that is a similar dietary "frill" and easy to cut?
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    I have familiy in
    Baton Rouge
    I love gumbo and all the great foods..

For you its not only the food your free will in conflict with your emotional hierarchy of needs.

This has to be addressed..
    other wise will power will predictably succumb and get worn out fast...
    discipline is either contained or uncontained..

Uncontained discipline is the most difficult to rewrap your mindset.. you are playing with magic of the highest order..as every time you default to using discipline of this amplitude it sucks the life force right out every orifice.

and thats why the after affects plagues you every time you mess up..

It wipes out ll sensibility and the utility belt need to salvage and recover quickly..

There is a way to prevent such recoil..

would be willing to share with you and all those share the same.. issue

My name is Dances with Wow..

and life force is is calling if you are willing to sample from its cup
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I have familiy in
    Baton Rouge
    I love gumbo and all the great foods..

For you its not only the food your free will in conflict with your emotional hierarchy of needs.

This has to be addressed..
    other wise will power will predictably succumb and get worn out fast...
    discipline is either contained or uncontained..

Uncontained discipline is the most difficult to rewrap your mindset.. you are playing with magic of the highest order..as every time you default to using discipline of this amplitude it sucks the life force right out every orifice.

and thats why the after affects plagues you every time you mess up..

It wipes out ll sensibility and the utility belt need to salvage and recover quickly..

There is a way to prevent such recoil..

would be willing to share with you and all those share the same.. issue

My name is Dances with Wow..

and life force is is calling if you are willing to sample from its cup

K . . . . what?