to all you newbies---read here!!

Options
zericaaaaa
zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
I am no fitness guru. but, i have lost (currently trying to re-lose lol) 55 pounds using my fitness pal! if you need support, have any questions, or just wanna chat, feel free to friend me! i have noticed a lot of people can be rude when you ask questions on these forums, so i want this to be a safe and judgment-free environment!

Replies

• TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    Kudos to you!
  • klyn05
    klyn05 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yes, using MFP has definitely been my best friend, especially with all the support i've gotten here. I agree with what you have to say, great job so far! I am going to send you a FR :smile:
  • skinnyb05
    skinnyb05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Nice of you to reach out and congrats on your 34 lbs gone!
  • lemurianstar
    lemurianstar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP this week so much thanks for the encouragement :)
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

You noobs can also have a look here. Its a great place to start.

Best wishes for your success.
  • queensandria
    Options
    Yay for positivity!
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    we got this guys!! the more support, the better. everyone here is such a great motivation!!
  • laurenbeauchamp98
    Options
    I have started here this week and love it! Thanks for the invite to a safe convo zone!
  • kimberlyamat5
    kimberlyamat5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    MFP has been a lifesaver in helping me to lose weight. Much more to go lol. I have to confess though I get disheartened when I feel I should be losing more than I am. I stay under calorie goal and work out hard.But I feel as if I am fighting a losing battle. Hubby says he can tell the difference. He is a sweetheart and my best supporter.
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great thread, I agree about how there are a bunch of negative nellies around :( I've encountered a few here and there. Feel free to add me, I am currently looking to lose 20 lbs, have had no luck as of yet but have maintained and am aspiring to become a better runner. I am currently doing week 5 of the C25K program. :happy:
  • mansarovar2015
    mansarovar2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reaching out, I have been on the weightloss wagon for a long time now.Have lost abt 20 lbs over the past 16 months, have to lose another 50 lbs.The going seems to be so long and tough.
    I am new to MFP, been on it for 3 weeks now
    Have been on a moderate 1200-1600 cal diet and exercise - cardio regularly .
    Have just joined the gym for weight training a week ago.
    Great to have a support system.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was actually reading some posts this morning, thinking how rude some people can be.
    Guess it is easy to bully and be rude when you are sitting behind a computer.

Congrats on your weight loss!
  • jeannab13
    jeannab13 Posts: 8
    Options
    My husband, coworker and myself all just started this trek to loose weight.
    Initially I put in my guess-imated weight. But Then found out I weigh more than that...uugghh So I put in that weight on a log day - so MFP says I gained weight. Then finally I lost 3 pounds but it does not say I lost anything - since my initial weigh was wrong.
    Does anyone know a way to change that or am I stuck with wrong original weight?
  • JenniferAutumn
    Options
    Initially I put in my guess-imated weight. But Then found out I weigh more than that...uugghh So I put in that weight on a log day - so MFP says I gained weight. Then finally I lost 3 pounds but it does not say I lost anything - since my initial weigh was wrong.

Home > check in> edit previous entries.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

>My Home, >Check-In, at the bottom there is an option to edit previous entries.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I was looking it up, while you posted :laugh:
  • JenniferAutumn
    Options

I was looking it up, while you posted :laugh:

:laugh:
  • 4girlies
    4girlies Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been logging for a week now. And no changes. I am drinking 96 ounces of water a day. I am on my feet all day for a 9-10 hour shift so I sqeeze in a eliptical workout when I can. It says 1500 cal max and I am pretty good at staying under. ...
  • jeannab13
    jeannab13 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you.... I found it about the same time you posted. I had not noticed the search feature yet. I love the app and website.
  • 4girlies
    4girlies Posts: 2
    Options
    I have been logging for a week now. And no changes. I am drinking 96 ounces of water a day. I am on my feet all day for a 9-10 hour shift so I sqeeze in a eliptical workout when I can. It says 1500 cal max and I am pretty good at staying under. ...