Is it possible to gain 1.7 pounds in a day?

Options
Hi everyone!

I am thinking that the answer to this no but I want to hear from the experts. While I didn't eat great yesterday there is no way I ate that much, absolutely no way. I did run for an hour and drank 100 ounces of water but I've been runnjng and drinking that much for years and really don't retain water. I will say that I was sick and then went on vacation so I took a week off from rubbing so could that play a part? I didn't eat a lot of sodium either. So, any ideas?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible. Is it 1.7lbs of fat? Unlikely. Doesn't your weight naturally vary within and across days? Mine does by maybe 2% of my total weight. I assume it's water, food and occasionally some actual change in bodily tissues that sticks around longer.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Water retention from reintroduction to exercise. Common.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hell my weight can easily vary by 3lbs over the course of a day.

Don't sweat minor increases unless they stick for a week or more.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Water retention from reintroduction to exercise. Common.

I would assume this.

I also just fluctuate a lot, so I'm used to it. If I do heavy lifting and eat a lot of sodium in a day? +5 lbs the next day. Yep.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I've seen my weight go up by over 8 lbs in two days in the past. I wouldn't sweat it. If you get back on track, it'll go away just as fast.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!