Breakfast ideas?!

Options
XLMKX
XLMKX Posts: 86
I need something a bit more exciting than cereal to have for breakfast!
Any ideas?

xx

Replies

• dani3elle
    Options
    I have an egg white mixed with a whole egg ( friend in no cal cooking spray) and a Special K protein shake !! It is a lot and keeps you full :)
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm so busy getting kids to school, so I always have a Shakeology Meal Replacement Shake for breakfast and it keeps me full until my snack, (and sometimes even through to lunch)
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i usually have one whole egg mixed with one egg white and then 2 slices of whole grain toast or something..i usually stick with the same thing for breakfast and change up lunch a bit
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    Since I dont have time to cook breakfast in the mornigs.... I always go with a protein shake..
    I take Myofusion Chocolate flavor, add 3 pieces of ice, a banana, water and blend it... LOVE IT! It keeps me full until 11am..
  • medic_632
    Options
    for on the go i stop at McDs and aviod the regular stuff i want.....instead i settle for an Egg McMuffin with NO cheese (the one with canadian bacon not sausage) and i get apples instead of a hash brown....

McMuffin w/ no chees---250 cals
    Apples w/ no dip----35 cals (add dip it is 100 cals)

I stay full and feel like i got my fast food fix for the day...

at home i go with the egg white/1 whole egg scramble with turkey sausage crumbles or turkey bacon...then i add fruit....i also keep boild eggs in fridge for the week and add a couple slices of microwave bacon and pepperidge farm light breads (toasted) with the Best Life Butter spray....

and again if you dont like breaksfst food...eat whtever you want....nothing wrong with dinner food for breaksfast :-)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond cereal most mornings because it is quick and easy, but on other mornings what works well for me is 3/4 cup of liquid egg whites and about a few slices of avocado. The protein and good fats I get from that meal hold me until at 10am, sometime longer.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of Better n'Eggs (about 2 whole eggs) omelet with a slice of 2% American cheese, crispy onions and spinach...under 200 calories and pretty quick!
  • denise309
    Options
    This am I had
    1/2 cup egg beaters (surprised how good they were)
    3 spears of asparagus, cut up in egg beaters
    1 mutli grain sandwich thins toasted
    1 wedge laughing cow cheese

I spread cheese on sandwich thin then put eggs/aspargus on, like an egg sandwich, it was REALLY good and it was 213 calories if Im counting right...which I hope I am!!!!
  • karriecook
    karriecook Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just had a yummy filling breakfast egg sandwich:

Arnold sandwich slim, toasted
    2 egg whites
    sprinkle of Kraft fat free cheese
    1 slice Canadian bacon 97% fat free

165 cal, 23 carb, 1 fat, 18 protein
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup egg sub topped with sauted onions, mushrooms, and baby spinach. Then I add diced tomatoes and lite sour cream. It keeps me so full I have to remember to eat lunch. Sometimes I will add a piece of crumbled turkey bacon. I also have a cup of coffee with SF creamer. Start to finish it takes less than 10 minutes.
  • pammilou
    pammilou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl's (www.hungry-girl.com) website and books have a lot of great ideas of egg things you can quickly cook in a mug. I just got an email about some new ones today:

Sweet Cheese 'n Apple iMug
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 188 calories, 3g fat, 506mg sodium, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 9.5g sugars, 24.5g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 4*

A few of our favorites jumped into a mug together, and DELICIOUSNESS ensued...

Ingredients:
    1/3 Fuji apple, cored and chopped
    1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
    3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 piece Mini Babybel Light cheese, chopped
    Optional: salt, black pepper, garlic powder

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add chopped apple and onion and microwave for 1 minute, until slightly softened and warm.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add egg substitute and gently stir. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.

Add cheese and gently stir. Microwave for about 1 minute, until scramble is set.

Mix well and, if you like, season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Mexi-licious Egg Mug
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 221 calories, 2.25g fat, 798mg sodium, 28g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 19g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 5*

One can NEVER have too many Mexican-inspired b-fast recipes. This one is an enchilada scramble for uno!

Ingredients:
    2 tbsp. chopped onion
    1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1/4 cup fat-free refried beans
    2 tbsp. canned diced green chilies (not drained)
    One 6-inch corn tortilla, torn into bite-sized pieces
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
    Optional topping: fat-free sour cream

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add onion and microwave for 1 minute, until slightly softened and warm.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add egg substitute and gently stir. Microwave for 1 minute.

Gently stir. Microwave for 30 seconds, until scramble is mostly set.

Gently stir in beans, chilies, tortilla, and cheese wedge, breaking cheese into pieces as you add it.

Microwave for about 45 seconds, until hot. Gently stir and, if you like, top with sour cream. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Mug Foo Young
    PER SERVING (entire recipe): 150 calories, 0.5g fat, 629mg sodium, 8g carbs, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 27g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 3*

This may be the world's BEST egg mug. No kidding...

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup roughly chopped bean sprouts
    1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
    3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast
    1 tbsp. chopped scallions
    1/2 tsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
    1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
    1/8 tsp. garlic powder
    2 tbsp. fat-free chicken gravy

Directions:
    Spray a large microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray. Add sprouts and mushrooms and microwave for 30 seconds, until slightly softened.

Pat dry to remove excess moisture. Add all remaining ingredients except gravy. Gently stir. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.

Gently stir and then microwave for about 1 minute, until scramble is just set.

Gently stir. Top with gravy and microwave for about 10 seconds, until gravy is warm. Dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    They are all egg and I don't loike egg :(
    Or Pineapple!

How do I make a Protein Shake?

xx
  • medic_632
    Options
    the best breakfast protein shake i find is the Slim Fast Chocolate Royale Powder with Protein...they all have some protein but this is higher.....mix it with 1 cup fat free milk...ice and fruit (if you like) and go...the shake has 200 cals mixed...the bananan depending on size will add 60-100 cals. The skakes will fill you up and blending them with ice makes the volume more and beats away the grittyness that some shakes have.

Rite Aid in the GNC section has bags of Whey Protein powder too that are great the bags are black and have vanilla, caramel, mocha, chocolate, etc.... they arent bad but usually there needs to be fruit in there to enhance the taste

most protein shakes are///powder of choice, milk or fat free half/half, fruit is desired, and ice. I use the MAgic Bulet to mis them up and go....you can also add yogurt if you want more in there.