NSVs? Let's share them!

Options
nicolemtracy
nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
My NSV for the week: I have PCOS and haven't had my "shark week" in about 8 months. Today my body is trying to do its thing without any prescribed help. :) Most people wouldn't be happy about it, but I, for one, am thrilled. :)

What's your NSV?

NSV= Non-Scale Victory for those who don't know :)

Replies

• AmigosRanger
    AmigosRanger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I finally had the confidence to wear a bikini to the water park, and I rocked it! The stairs up to the slides were no problem too.
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    I finally had the confidence to wear a bikini to the water park, and I rocked it! The stairs up to the slides were no problem too.

That's awesome!! I'd love to wear a bikini! There's so many cute ones :)
  • kristers03
    kristers03 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My NSV today: went to the gym and ran/walked over a mile and its a holiday!! My old self would have taken today to mean "cheat day", but I can enjoy the 4th and still be healthy! Great job to both of you ask well! :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Now that I've kicked my head-cold, I feel really good. Better I think than I have in years. Maybe ever.
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    My NSV today: went to the gym and ran/walked over a mile and its a holiday!! My old self would have taken today to mean "cheat day", but I can enjoy the 4th and still be healthy! Great job to both of you ask well! :)

Yay! I probably would have cheated too X) That's fantastic! Way to go, champ!
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ok, don't laugh (to hard) but I woke up with my PJs around my knees. They are so loose now that they slide down while I was sleeping :)
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've had two people I've just met say I'm tiny this last week. One said it repeatedly. She could not believe how small I was, I was like a child, even my feet were ridiculously small etc :laugh: ! Made me smile because I was always the not-so-petite petite before. Now I'm just petite I guess :glasses:
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Sliding into a size 8 and medium. Goodbye large and 10's.:)
  • megskionslo
    Options
    Serving homemade cookies and bars with ice cream to the grandkids without eating any!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Getting my chronic disease far enough under control that I don't have to stay in bed all day! :flowerforyou:
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    Ok, don't laugh (to hard) but I woke up with my PJs around my knees. They are so loose now that they slide down while I was sleeping :)

I'm not gonna lie, that's pretty freaking awesome. X)
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    Getting my chronic disease far enough under control that I don't have to stay in bed all day! :flowerforyou:

Congrats! That's fantastic!
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    Serving homemade cookies and bars with ice cream to the grandkids without eating any!

You go girl! :)
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    Now that I've kicked my head-cold, I feel really good. Better I think than I have in years. Maybe ever.

Glad you're feeling better :)
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    Sliding into a size 8 and medium. Goodbye large and 10's.:)
    Jealous!! :) Congrats!
  • nicolemtracy
    Options
    I've had two people I've just met say I'm tiny this last week. One said it repeatedly. She could not believe how small I was, I was like a child, even my feet were ridiculously small etc :laugh: ! Made me smile because I was always the not-so-petite petite before. Now I'm just petite I guess :glasses:

THAT is a compliment I look forward to. :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    A random super muscular gym goer approached me earlier this week and said "wow, you're in really great shape!"

I was very, very flattered.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had decided to take the day off - having exercised for over a week in a row, but around 5pm I decided I felt gross from not exercising so I worked out hard! And then after that all I wanted to eat for fourth of July dinner was fruit salad! Very cool.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    A random super muscular gym goer approached me earlier this week and said "wow, you're in really great shape!"

I was very, very flattered.

Nice!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I discovered that I now fit into a medium-sized t-shirt from a store where I normally need a large, I think my back fat is shrinking. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!