how long until i start losing weight? :(

Options
a few months ago i lost 20 pounds by just going for a 30 minute run everyday but i gave up because the running was hurting my head to bad..
but now ive been working out at the gym for about 1-2 hours everyday for the past 2 weeks, id say the majority of my workouts are cardio for an hour and then weights for a half hour and sometimes ive been doing yoga for a half hour after that...
my meals for the day usually equal to 1500 calories or less...
i feel like i should atleast lost a pound or something since im overweight and working hard but i haven't yet! its hard not to feel discouraged
i weigh 190 and am 5'7
will i start losing weight soon? does it take a bit to get my body use to it or something?
thanks

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of exercise for only 1500 calories.

Do you eat back the calories you burned through exercise?
  • prophetessmom
    prophetessmom Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? I find that if I don't get enough water in, it affects my weight loss, but I also agree with the other answer. Sounds like a lot of working out for only 1500 calories. Ironically, you might not be eating enough to lose weight.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You're probably just retaining water from the overtraining. 14 hours a week in the gym is about 8 too much, for most people, especially at the beginning. I would say either pare way back on that or wait it out. The scale will catch up. But you'll have more patience if you spend a more reasonable amount of time at the gym, too, usually. Make it something you can do for the long term.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The first thing are you accurately logging your food? Check this out first. If you opened your diary we would be able to give more specific advice.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    a few months ago i lost 20 pounds by just going for a 30 minute run everyday but i gave up because the running was hurting my head to bad..
    but now ive been working out at the gym for about 1-2 hours everyday for the past 2 weeks, id say the majority of my workouts are cardio for an hour and then weights for a half hour and sometimes ive been doing yoga for a half hour after that...
    my meals for the day usually equal to 1500 calories or less...
    i feel like i should atleast lost a pound or something since im overweight and working hard but i haven't yet! its hard not to feel discouraged
    i weigh 190 and am 5'7
    will i start losing weight soon? does it take a bit to get my body use to it or something?
    thanks

You are killing yourself, you are working out wayyyyyyyyy too much. I would clean up my diet, not the amount of calories but the source of the calories, I don't know what you eat during the day but even with a proper diet, all that exercise is just going to kill you.