Started today..

Options
Hi I am new and have started today. I am 42 and for the past 2 months I have started to put weight on. I exercise 4 times a week which is on my cross trainer, do weights 3 times a week. I am a vegetarian so eat quorn. I also don't eat much bread (once a month), have cut out white pasta and rice and eat brown rice once a week. I eat scrambled eggs for breakfast. Drink 2 litres of water a day as love it. Only have 1 tea or coffee in the morning with no sugar. I have been doing this for 5 months and my weight is the same. I only eat chocolate when on my period and don't eat fruit. What else can I do as I am considering skipping meals now :(

Replies

• kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Are you counting calories? Weight loss is not about what you eat (nutrition), but about how many calories you eat. You can gain weight eating only "healthy food" if you eat too many calories, and you can lose weight eating only "unhealthy food" if you are eating less calories than you burn. Removing food groups or meals may not give you the results you are looking for. If you are not counting calories I would start now. If you are counting calories then I would take a close look at how accurate your numbers are- are you weighing everything and using a heart rate monitor to calculate exercise?
  • davidpoolman5
    Options
    hey i am new here not sure how this works but i need some workout buddys in minnesota i am 31 in the twin cities
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Are you counting calories? Weight loss is not about what you eat (nutrition), but about how many calories you eat. You can gain weight eating only "healthy food" if you eat too many calories, and you can lose weight eating only "unhealthy food" if you are eating less calories than you burn. Removing food groups or meals may not give you the results you are looking for. If you are not counting calories I would start now. If you are counting calories then I would take a close look at how accurate your numbers are- are you weighing everything and using a heart rate monitor to calculate exercise?

^^^This^^^