Today is a good day. (First success

Options
Exactly 10 weeks ago, I was at my heaviest weight (230) and was miserable from a recent breakup and had just recently turned 30. I felt like crap and needed a change. So I got serious about tracking my MFP, I registered for the Color Me Rad 5k (I figured 22 weeks would be enough time to do it), and I started getting my *kitten* out and about for walks.

At first, I could only walk about a mile before my knee started to throb (from old injuries). Now, 10 weeks later, I'm really starting the Couch-to-5k program; and, although I'm still having difficulty jogging for more than a minute or so, I'm still able to complete 2-3 mile walks with a little jogging here and there and I feel good afterwards.

As of today, July 4th, I'm down exactly 20 pounds (20-30 to go!), I've trimmed at least 4" from my waistline (I didn't start tracking my measurements until week 3 or 4), and I've lost 3 minutes on my average mile time. I have until October 5th to run Color Me Rad, and I think that if I keep this pace up, I might even be sub-190 for it!

It's a good day!

#selfie
MtJX1qql.jpg

Replies

• ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good work, man - keep it up! Congrats on your success.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    These are the posts that keep me motivated - Discipline, Determination, Great Attitude!

WAY TO GO! :drinker:
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Love your attitude. I wish you continued success!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is great! Well done! Congratulations on your success up to now, and best wishes for all your future success!
  • WolnaDusza
    WolnaDusza Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I didn't even have to use my AKA. Today was a good day. Congrats, friend!
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Way to turn it around!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Good going fella...
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    congrats! keep up the great work!
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Color Me Rad is awesome!!! I did the one last fall in Altamont!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Nice job so far! 20 pounds in 10 weeks is great. I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time! Thanks for sharing your success and keep it up!
  • CaitlynsMom88
    CaitlynsMom88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing great!!
  • Bekkahs_Life
    Bekkahs_Life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great progress.. you'll be ready by October for sure! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!