Lifting and measurements increasing- not what I want

Options
For the last 5 weeks I have been lifting heavy 45 min.- 1 hour a day followed by 45 min. of cardio 5-6 times a week. I have cleaned up my eating big time- I eat 6 small meals a day. I don't snack on junk and I do allow myself 1 cheat MEAL a week. My problem and question- I just did my measurements and I am bigger everywhere except for the one place- my boobs and they went down in size. I need advice, insight, knowledge...ASAP because I am having a major mental break down- I have never put this much effort into my workouts and eating habits consistently and I was expecting to see some change in the downward smaller direction instead of the upward larger direction- please help. Is this normal-if so, why? How long before it starts going in the other direction?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I solved the mystery...your diary is completely empty. You're not tracking how many calories you're eating a day. I don't care how "clean" you think you're eating, that makes absolutely zero difference whether you gain or lose weight. Also, it doesn't matter how many meals a day you eat or how big or small your meals are. All that matters is your total calorie intake for the day. Track your calorie intake. Weigh and measure everything before you put it in your mouth and then record it in your diary. If you're eating at a caloric deficit then you will lose weight, simple as that...
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you don't have any food logged. How do you know how many calories you are eating? If you are eating at a deficit you should be losing weight. If you aren't eating at a deficit and lifting heavy you will be bulking and will be gaining muscle. I would recommend logging your food.
  • cpeter76
    cpeter76 Posts: 15
    Options
    I follow a strict meal plan that has calories already figured out- I don't stray from it, so I don't feel the need to to type in the same thing everyday- also, I'm not gaining weight, in fact I'm down a whole pound in 5 weeks, but my measurements are all up. So confused.
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you are following a strict meal plan and you have the measurements down (I mean you know you're eating the oz and grams because of a kitchen scale and not eyeing your measurements).. then the bigger might be water retention or muscle gain.

are you looking at body fat %? Have you done a skinfold test?

Try taking pictures each month to really see a difference.

When it comes down to it; nutrition= weight loss.