Need help!!!!

Options
I have been following my program diligently and had lost 3 lbs last week. This week I have also followed it diligently but have gained 5, so now I'm heavier than I started with. I have been drinking 3 liters of h2o a day, and have noticed that I haven't been urinating a ton by drinking that amount of water like I was last week. Could I be retaining that much water? I've read some about glycogen and water retention, and I'm wondering if that could be it. Every lb I gain scares me because I have such a hard time getting it off.

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Water retention can make you gain. What is your daily sodium intake? How many calories do you eat daily?
  • Cynthie
    Options
    I'm not sure about the sodium intake, but I eat about 1800 calories a day. I am 6'2" and way a lot right now. I am an athlete though and have a lot of muscle
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    so many factors could be influencing this. you may want to make your food diary public so folks can take a look at what you're eating. It could be that you're eating a lot of sodium rich foods that may cause you to retain fluids. It'd also be helpful to know how much you're exercising and if you're eating enough food to compensate for the deficit in your calorie goal that exercise may cause.

all that being said, it takes awhile sometimes to figure out your body and how to feed it when you're trying to lose weight. You gotta eat to lose! Be patient and just keep trying!

good luck,
    JoJo
  • massahwahl
    Options
    Make sure your weighing yourself at the same time of the day too! My weight fluctuates about 6lbs throughout the day so that can really make a difference when your trying to calculate how much you have lost.
  • Cynthie
    Options
    e
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    you can set your food diary to track sodium. the goal they give you is usually 2,500 mg. there's some literature out there these days to keep sodium to 1,500 mg. If you have high blood pressure or other such sodium sensitive issues you should find out from your doc how much sodium to have in a day. if you eat alot of processed food you may be eating too much sodium.