Im New

kkidde
kkidde Posts: 6
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Fellow Fitness Friends -
My name is Kellie. I am a very bubbly person, but I dont want my body to define that any more :tongue: I was once a fit young lady, but then I had surgery on my back and since then Ive been like a bubble of gum - getting bigger and bigger with every breath. I just want to be happy with the way I look. You know what I mean? I just want to feel good about my body. Anyone else like that??? Anyway, I just wanted to say hey, and see how everyone is doing with this site. Ive tried caloriecount.about.com, but it got really old really dast. How is this working for you???

Replies

• kkidde
    Hi Fellow Fitness Friends -
    My name is Kellie. I am a very bubbly person, but I dont want my body to define that any more :tongue: I was once a fit young lady, but then I had surgery on my back and since then Ive been like a bubble of gum - getting bigger and bigger with every breath. I just want to be happy with the way I look. You know what I mean? I just want to feel good about my body. Anyone else like that??? Anyway, I just wanted to say hey, and see how everyone is doing with this site. Ive tried caloriecount.about.com, but it got really old really dast. How is this working for you???
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome Aboard! :flowerforyou:

I know what you mean, personally I feel as if I am someone else stuck in this body :smile: So far, it has help me keep track of my calories as well as excersise.
  • kkidde
    How do you get that cute signature to show up with your messages?? :-D

Yea, it is strange to be ... like ... i guess uncomfortable in this body of mine. It is really odd----I remember the days that I could eat anything and not gain an ounce ---- but, come to think of it, I wasnt really happy with my body type then either :glasses:
  • kkidde

Yea, it is strange to be ... like ... i guess uncomfortable in this body of mine. It is really odd----I remember the days that I could eat anything and not gain an ounce ---- but, come to think of it, I wasnt really happy with my body type then either :glasses:
  • kkidde

• Welcome. So far it has helped me keep track of my calories and exercise. I plan my meals and document everything in the morning before I eat. By doing this I have a good idea of my calories consumed and burned. Good luck. :smile:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Welcome!
    This is my second full week, I'm still pretty geeked by this whole website and all the folks here who are so positive and helpful. I know this has made a huge impact on what I eat as well as the exercise I get. I'ts incredibly motivating to see those exercise calories pop on just when you were contemplating eating one leaf of lettuce, a carrot stick and diet water for dinner!

Hope you'll enjoy it as much:flowerforyou: ,
    Ezzie
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member

Hi kellie, and welcome! I'm a realtive newbie too (3rd week) and have found that this site really does have ALL the tools you need to keep on track! Plus we feature the "we put fun in dysfunctional family" of support, and zowie, it's grrrrrr8!

As to doing s signature to show in your posts, here in the forums..
    1. go to your My Home
    2. go to Settings
    3. go to Change Forum Signature
    4. type in what you want to say, and voila!
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    I, too, moved from that...(ahem) other site in July. The people here are great. Welcome, you're gonna love it.:wink:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • danimah32
    danimah32 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I just started a week ago, I had surgery on my back as well, my body keeps getting bigger with every breath too hehe. No, I had it like 5 years ago, lost so much weight 5 month after surgery then gain it all back times 10 since then, I'm just always tired and hope this calorie counting gives me more energy and room to breathe in my skinny jeans!
    -Welcome!
    -Best of luck
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    welcome!!!

I have been here for awhile and when I give this program my all, it shows me incredible results I hope you find the same...plus the folks here are amazing!!!

best to you!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    if youve had back surgery like we have they say to listen to your doctor when it comes to working out and exercising, but i say listen to your body and mind. my opinion only. if it was up to the doctor i would not be lifting over fifty pounds and would have sold my 4 wheeler, boat, horses and everything else i enjoy doing and given up on my career in law enforcement. i am back to enjoying all these things and i have been lifting for the last two weeks again. it feels great. i listen to my body, use correct form and feel better and better every day. im not supposed to lift more than fifty pounds accourding to the doctor, but did 3 sets of 10 on squats with 225 and still put up over 200 on bench for three sets of 8 reps. when i got done my back felt better than it has in years. not saying to be reckless, but if u listen to your body it will tell u its limits. good luck.
This discussion has been closed.