Fibro or lupus anyone?

Options
JoT2013
JoT2013 Posts: 55 Member
Random question...anyone here have fibro or lupus? Just wondering so that I can compare sleeping issues. I average around 3 and a half hrs per night, and 'wake up' approx. 10-14 times a night...to say I look like a bag of poop atm would be complimentary! lol

This isn't a post to moan, I'd just like to find out if anyone who has the same illnesses have found a solution, or just something to improve their sleep quality. :smile:

Replies

• Tigg_
    Tigg_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey,

This is my post but I have fibromyalgia and empathise a lot with the sleeping issues. I get very little sleep as well although primarily I struggle to fall asleep and then maybe once I fall asleep - usually around 5am, I can sleep until around 8.30am when the cat wakes me!!

x
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have lupus, but have always been the person who falls asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow!
  • ThatGirlYouKnowTheOne
    Options
    Fibro.
  • ThatGirlYouKnowTheOne
    Options
    What are you taking for the fibro? I highly recommend that you add a good antidepressant to your night routine. I take ecitalopram (Lexapro), and it works wonders!
  • JoT2013
    Options
    I have bought a fitbit flex to track my sleep (my husband uses it for the fitness side! lol) and it shows just how appalling my sleep pattern is.

My sleep is broken every 20 mins or so and the bags under my eyes...well let's just say that a weeks shopping or more would fit in them! lol :laugh:

I sympathise when you say about struggling to fall asleep...it's sooooo irritating watching others (or hearing if they snore like my other half lol :laugh: ) clearly happy in the land of nod when I so want to be in that place. lol

I don't want to go on to sleeping tablets or once again take anti-depressants (dr prescribed those to relax my muscles as they spasm)...so am hoping that someone somewhere can tell us something that we haven't come across yet.

Here's hoping :smile:

Jo
  • JoT2013
    Options
    My post which included a reference to anti-depressants wasn't aimed at your post...I was typing as you posted :smile:
  • crazymommy5
    crazymommy5 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have Lupus. My sleeping pattern is very similar to yours. My Doctor prescribed Trazadone. It's an old school anti-depressant that relaxes you so much you become very tired. It's been great for me. I still wake up through out the night, but it's been reduced by about half. Of course my kitty doesn't help! Exercising is difficult, though. The tiredness and fatigue really are a handicap for me.