Drinking your calories and under reporting`

Options
I've noticed a lot of my friends who make their diary public aren't logging any beverages at all, that could lead to some major under reporting. I'm constantly concerned about "drinking my calories" and my sodium as well (diet coke fiend) so logging my liquids is a big deal for me!

BTW, I'm not snooping their food diaries, lol, but always looking for ideas for meals and snacks. And frankly some of the meals and snacks are higher calorie than mine, but they aren't logging any beverage at all, so they always come in under their calories.

What gives with that?

Replies

• LauraMcGanity
    Options
    I don't log my beverages either:embarassed: But I drink black coffee, herbal tea, and sparkling water, nothing else. Surely the calories in those drinks are minimal?
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Thy may only be drinking water? I know that's pretty much all I drink... ;)
  • homemom3
    Options
    I log mine when I have smoothies, other than that I drink fruit smoothies and I post mine. :)
  • PaulaAvery
    PaulaAvery Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything, I just like to have a record of what I have eaten and drunk so that I can look back over successful and unsuccessful weeks and make comparisons.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I only drink water and coffee. I log my coffee (a whopping 8 cals). No additional logging needed. ;)
  • Sherri71
    Sherri71 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything with calories. I mostly drink water and tea, I usually log it, but maybe that is the case. If I drink diet soda, I typically log because it is high in sodium. If I drink anything with calories, I always log.
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I literally only drink water - If I do have a soda or something else I do log it...but the kids have picked on me for years because they think it is weird that all I drink is ice water...what can I say :)
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    I log my drinks that contain stuff I need to track - tea with milk or a latte but for herbal tea or black coffee I dont bother.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I log it all. Tea and coffee even when I don't put anything in them and they're 0 calories. I just think it's a good habit, plus I like to track my caffeine, so I can try and compensate with additional water. To each his/her own though. I know a lot of people with public diaries fudge their numbers because they want to look good. In the long run, it'll hurt them. Just worry about yourself:flowerforyou:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I log coffee but I drink it black and at 2 calories per 8oz. I don't worry about that. Other than that all I drink is water. I prefer to get my calories through food. Much more enjoyable.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I drink most often water, chocolate milk, or 2% milk. Every now and again I'll drink like lemonade or something, but if I do drink anything other than water, I log it.
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    I only drink tea, so don't log those calories - I also come in under my calories, but in my mind, the couple of hundred calories I have spare account for any tea I have had, though I only have skimmed milk and the odd mouthful of something I shouldn't :embarassed: like the beautiful, very fattening lasagne I made for my son .. it was gawjuss, and I had about 3/4 mouthfuls, so I always hold back a couple of hundred for things I just cannot quantify in calories ..

Am I doing it wrong ??
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I dont log my drinks either but I really only drink water though.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly water, but I do have coffee every morning and I log that along with anything out of the ordinary that I may have.
  • debbond64
    debbond64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I too only drink water, coffee, hot and iced teas. I sweeten them with stevia and I either make my own pop with the flavored liquid stevia and sparkling water or don't have any pop because I retain water due to the sodium. I read a lot of recent research on the bad effects of diet pop and I think I will stay away forever. It is a main culprit in slowing your metabolism and at my age I do not need any help in that department. Since I have been on my diet, I won't drink my calories. I have a juicer but not using it until I lose at least 50 lbs.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Looks like we are all on the same page, water water water! I too only drink water, I do log my coffee because I do put a tsp of sugar and a Tbsp of half & half in it and tea has about 2 calories for every 8 oz and I don't add any sweetners at all to it so I don't add that because I have two cups of tea at the most and I probably burned those 4 calories just making it :laugh:
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I log whatever I drink.. Helps me keep track of how much I've had and if I had a good day that day I can go back and re-create it again if needed.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing and look at peoples logs to get food and snack ideas. I think it depends on what they drink. I only log the things that have calories and my water. I don't add every cup of green tea or my diet caffiene free soda. (i probabaly should add the soda because of the sodium)
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    They may not have drinks to track. I only drink water, therefore you don't see beverages in mine. I do drink coffee in the morning, and that is the only beverage that is ever listed for me.
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, was just wondering! It's interesting to see all the responses, I'm trying to drink more water every day. Thanks everyone!