weekly calorie counting-gained 5lbs this week!

Options
I usually spread my weekly calories in a zig zag pattern and its been working great. I have maintained my weight of 126lbs for about 7months. calories average about 1440/day by the end of the week but Ive been sick with a cold and only averaged about 1300cal/day last week. and this week I started with all my high calorie day because I had a surgery today and I knew I cant eat much for the rest of the week. its still really bothering me that I've gained 5lbs since last week and I just need some reassurance that this is alright and my weight will go back to normal.

summary of my week so far:
sun:1200cal
mon:1600
tue:2000
wed:2600
thu:2200
today:200

Thank you!

Replies

• Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Do you only weigh once a week? Did you weigh yourself before or after the surgery? Without having more information, seems like the surgery could have something to do with it. Also, it's pretty much not possible to gain 5 pounds of actual fat in one week. It's likely just a temporary spike that will go away in a few days.
  • janeanray3
    janeanray3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself daily and its almost always 126 with a maximum of 2 pounds over or under some days which goes back to 126 the next. oh and they checked my weight before the nose surgery to fix my deviated septum. I checked again tonight and its still 131
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Be patient, and just cut back on your calories a bit until your weight goes back to normal. It could be water retention and/or natural fluctuation.
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Lets try some math. You need to eat 17,500 calories over maintenance to gain 5 lbs of fat in a week. You are no where near that number (9,800 plus whatever you eat tomorrow).

The IV fluids alone is enough to make the scale teeter. You had surgery which is creates a lot of stress on the body, another recipe for water retention. Some of that might be glycogen depending on how much you normally eat in a week. But water and glycogen are not the kind of lbs you need to worry about.

Try to relax, focus on recovery, and take care of yourself.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Lets try some math. You need to eat 17,500 calories over maintenance to gain 5 lbs of fat in a week. You are no where near that number (9,800 plus whatever you eat tomorrow).

The IV fluids alone is enough to make the scale teeter. You had surgery which is creates a lot of stress on the body, another recipe for water retention. Some of that might be glycogen depending on how much you normally eat in a week. But water and glycogen are not the kind of lbs you need to worry about.

Try to relax, focus on recovery, and take care of yourself.

^^ This.
    Stick with your normal plan.