Magical Breakfast Cream

Gizmo52
Gizmo52 Posts: 43
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Was reading the "HEALTH" magazine and hey gave a great receipe from the "French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook" that sounds very good. Here it is:

Combine 2 tablespoons finely ground zero-sugar cereal (such as Post Shredded Wheat Cereal), 2 teaspoons chopped walnuts, 4 tablespoons whole or 2% low fat yogurt, 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice, t teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil.

Said to try this for five mornings in a row, plus eat fish, poultry or eggs and tons of veggies for lunch and dinner. Not only will you feel better but you will shed up to 3 to 5 poinds in a week, while giving your body necessary nutrients and boosting your energy level.

Guess anything is worth a try, right?

Replies

• merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    bump :)
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    I am basically lazy-- can I mix enough for the week? Will it keep?
  • joetta00
    joetta00 Posts: 9 Member
    do you mix all this together? And how is it working for you?:happy:
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    It sounds interesting. But doesn't sound very substantial for breakfast (or is this in addition to breakfast, I wonder). Worth a try though....I just dropped five in five days on the Cabbage Soup Diet! So I'll give this a try in a week or two.
  • Gizmo52
    Gizmo52 Posts: 43
    I haven't tried it yet - just readng the magazine and saw it - thought it was worth a try. I agree it doesn't sound very substantial - but it did say with fish (yuck for breakfast) poultry and eggs. So think this would be good with an egg white omlet with loads of veggies included.

As far as keeping and making up a week's worth - I don't see why it wouldn't last. Just check the expiration date on the yogurt.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    BUMP
  • bjam1234
    bjam1234 Posts: 75
    actually quite calorie filled and satisfying for breakfast - I did 100g low fat yogurt (didnt have greek) and quite liked it - jury is out on whether it was awesome or too tart with the lemon in there... Still, I think this will become one of my regular breakfast options.

For those interested, it came to about 250cals using Jalna low fat yogurt.

Has anyone else tried it?
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    ...eat fish, poultry or eggs and tons of veggies for lunch and dinner.,,

My guess would be this is the real reason why it works.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    :::cough:::: hmm...sounds like it's quite a low carb diet. How interesting indeed.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    <double post>
This discussion has been closed.