Seeing progress for the first time! :)

Options
*PLEASE no vegetarian/vegan haters. We all have different paths in life and I found one that makes me happy. Thank you :)

So I've been a off the grid for awhile now and for the large majority of the time I was binging. Really bad stuff. I realize counting calories and dieting doesn't work for me. I do good for 4 weeks then binge for 4. When I started myfitnesspal I weighed 360. After I binge for a long period of time I went up to 380. THAT'S SCARY. I was 20 pounds from 400! i needed a major change. The major change is that I'm a vegetarian now. I've wanted to be a vegetarian since I was 12 but had no family support. Tried countless times but now I'm supporting myself and I control what I did or don't eat. I've been a vegetarian for ALMOST 3 months (July 15th will be 3 month anniversary) and I've lost 27 pounds...this is the most progress I've experienced. When I worked out and ate 1500 calorie diet I didn't see the scale move. I've finally found something that works for me!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited about this :) I havent been to a gym in forever but I've been more active with friends so that helps. I'm really happy I'm making progress and I plan to get that 3 pounds off before the 15th! Make it even :) I'm going to ease into going vegan slowly and continue down this path. Another thing is that I used to be a huge meat-eater. Meat had to be with every meal and switching to vegetarian was so easy for me. I've completely forgotten what a burger tastes like lolol and veggie burgers are damn good! :)

Replies

• phillyb2013
    phillyb2013 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good for you....we all need to find what works for us as we are all different.

I love a good steak from time to time, but I eat more vegetarian at times - but not a total vegan :-)
  • ssernst
    ssernst Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I am a pescatarian, I eat fish occasionally, but haven't had any other meat in almost 5 years. It's definitely a life change that I believe in. :)
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It is whatever works for you for a lifestyle you can sustain. Great job on the weight loss.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Congratz on finding what works for you! Keep it up!
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that you found something that works for you :bigsmile: Great work and I wish you all the best
  • futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :) It's very exciting for me.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm very pleased for you, well done for finding something that works and you're happy with!
  • lienn1
    lienn1 Posts: 3
    Options
    it takes courage to be different. sometimes the support you need is one from the strangers. congrats on finding what work for you! keep up the great job! there are some great vegetarian/vegan options. the funny thing is that sometimes the vegetarian option is way better in taste.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have considered vegetarianism frequently over the past 10 or so years but it never quite stuck. It sounds like it's working well and you're finding happiness in the process!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found something that works, but for the record 1500 calories is way too low for someone at your weight. That's why you'd end up binging.
  • futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ah! No wonder why! I researched and many places said "To lose weight you must cut out 500 from your whatever its called" very scientific I know lol so MFP said 2100 so I put it to 1500 in hopes to loose weight a lot faster @_@ but now I just eat whatever I like lol Broccoli with EVERYTHING :D
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Its great t hear about voluntary vegetarians and that you have found what makes you feel good.

I have been a one all my life it is just the way of life for a big part of Indian population and believe m I have never felt I am missing out on food until I travel. I have tried some meat past year and seriously apart from chicken satays nothing really felt great. I don't have egg either and it works fine for me again till i travel and breakfast options boil down to a omlette stand.
    In case you are looking for recipes and are not scared of spices try some of Indian cooking especially ones from states of Gujarat and Rajasthan.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!